'94 FZJ80 A/C turns off at low RPMs (1 Viewer)

Hi guys, I have a 1994 petrol FZJ80 MT. The compressor turns off when idle (RPMs below 1000). If I step on the gas an bring the RPMs back up it turns back up. Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong? Thanks!

MoGas

Central Scrutinizer
GOLD Star
Does yours have a sight glass? I'm not sure if an Ecuadorian 80 would have R-12 or R-134 in '94. In the US, they switched over May of '93, so some "early" '93s (like mine) are R-12 and the later '93 through '97 are R-134. Is there a sticker on the core support?

If I remember correctly, the AC amplifier behind the glove box a has an idle adjustment screw that sets the level of engine idle the AC kicks in at. Thinking it's a blue knob. I'll look for a pic

Does yours have a sight glass? I'm not sure if an Ecuadorian 80 would have R-12 or R-134 in '94. In the US, they switched over May of '93, so some "early" '93s (like mine) are R-12 and the later '93 through '97 are R-134. Is there a sticker on the core support?
My 80 is japonese ;) I google and look for a sight glass

If I remember correctly, the AC amplifier behind the glove box a has an idle adjustment screw that sets the level of engine idle the AC kicks in at. Thinking it's a blue knob. I'll look for a pic
Wow that sounds like a fix. A/c works great. Is super hot here but my a/c never fails. Haven't checked the gas. Hopefully tomorrow

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom