94 Front Brake Pad Replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I going to be replacing my front brake pads for the umpteenth time again. I lost count on how many times I've done this. I usually go with the OEM pads but was wondering if anyone has had any luck with any other pads. The cheapest price I found so far is around $75 on ebay with free S&H for OEM pads.

$52.99 plus $6.93 for shipping is a lot better from Conicelli Toyota which is near me. I wonder why the dealers that are closer to me are more expensive? I'll have to call tomorrow and double check. Thanks for the tip! In the past I have tried 3rd party pads and found they didn't last long and squealed a good bit. Has anyone found any other pads that are as good as the OEM pads?

I doubt you'll find aftermarket pads as good as Toyota. People put in 100 series pads. They're larger, but fit the stock caliper and rotor.

If your front pads are wearing very quickly, then maybe you should look at your rear brakes.

^this is important.

It could also be your driving style, or it could be your LSPV needs adjustment. In any case, it sounds to me like you're wearing them out more quickly than usual.

OEM are the best in my opinion.

I doubt you'll find aftermarket pads as good as Toyota. People put in 100 series pads. They're larger, but fit the stock caliper and rotor.
I've read some of the threads on the 100 pads and didn't seem to find any real good support that they did all that much better and then there was the part of the pad that if I remember correctly overhangs the rotor. For all the differences I think I'll stick to the 80 series pads.

^this is important.

It could also be your driving style, or it could be your LSPV needs adjustment. In any case, it sounds to me like you're wearing them out more quickly than usual.

OEM are the best in my opinion.
I agree! That was my thought too. My driving habits I'm sure aren't the best but that being said I get between 15 and 20,000 per set, but I do tow a good bit also. My last set I got 15,000 but I have towed much more than I normally do.

Ditto. just put in some 100s, much larger. Pistons have to be all the way back though, tight fit

X2 on 100 Series pad, more pad material, more fiction, last longer...plain physics :) Or try EBC Green Stuff pad, love it. Had it on my 80 and currently on my 201.

I agree! That was my thought too. My driving habits I'm sure aren't the best but that being said I get between 15 and 20,000 per set, but I do tow a good bit also. My last set I got 15,000 but I have towed much more than I normally do.
From my experience, getting 15-20K miles out of a set of pads on a 6K lb truck that's a daily driver and commuting where we live is about average.

Got tired of constantly replacing dealer pads that only deliver average performance at best. Went with EBC Green Stuff for a couple of sets, now just run whatever ceramic pads are handy.:meh:

EBC Green all around; happy. Good prices on AMZN.

OP how many miles have you been getting with 80 series pads? I never got more than 12 - 15K out of any one pads. 100 series pads I'm getting 20k+.

Got tired of constantly replacing dealer pads that only deliver average performance at best. Went with EBC Green Stuff for a couple of sets, now just run whatever ceramic pads are handy.:meh:

Do Ceramic pads and EBC green perform similarly?

98 1998 Toyota Land Cruiser Brake Pad Set - Brake - Advics, Advics-Sumi, Akebono, Beck Arnley, Bosch, Centric, EBC, Genuine, Monroe, NPN, PBR, Pagid, Power Stop, Wagner, Front, Rear - PartsGeek

Screen Shot 2017-09-17 at 5.13.09 PM.png

I noticed much improved braking with the EBC green stuff pads over OE. I agree with adjusting LSPV. If your rig is lifted at all and you haven't adjusted the LSPV then you are getting very little braking from the rear

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom