88 HJ60 Power Window Relay Help!!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cuwallace2

Ben Reed
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.benreedphoto.com
I have a 1988 HJ60 and my power window relay, part number 85930-90A01 is toast. These are no longer available from Toyota and I'm beginning to think they are the rainbow farting unicorns of the LC world, impossible to find. Anyone have one, know where I can get one or know of a fix? As you can see, this one is not repairable. I'm no electrical genius so if you can help, please take it easy on me and put it in "electrical for dummies" terms. Thanks so much for any help!

IMG_0921.jpg

IMG_0922.jpg

IMG_0923.jpg

IMG_0924.jpg

58904731446__D2A10B1E-F581-4BFD-9D01-0608E85C8770.JPG

I know I´m answering to a old thread. The Power Window board has 2 relays and one failed on me , it failed closed. I´m no electric guru myself but lucky enough to have a friend that could help me out. He was able to remove the burned relay from the board and solder a new one to where it was. Its now working fine.

He also told me that this relay board is there only to get the AUTO function for the driver window and that should be easy to remove it and connect it just like the other windows using the original window controller on the door. That is what I´m gonna do if this fail on me again.

Here are few photos.

Burnt relay , new relay and new relay soldered to the board.

Hope this help someone with same problem.

Screenshot 2021-12-01 at 06.31.32.jpg

Screenshot 2021-12-01 at 06.32.24.jpg

Screenshot 2021-12-01 at 06.33.03.jpg

also answering an old thread but @Spook50 has been repairing some of these for left hand drive 60 series so maybe he can work his magic on this red one!! anyone looking for a repair should definitely ask him. he fixed mine and it’s awesome. i also think he may be developing something that will be even better/more robust that the OEM one.

also answering an old thread but @Spook50 has been repairing some of these for left hand drive 60 series so maybe he can work his magic on this red one!! anyone looking for a repair should definitely ask him. he fixed mine and it’s awesome. i also think he may be developing something that will be even better/more robust that the OEM one.
Definitely still doing them! Nothing that will be necessarily an improvement over the OEM design, but in cases where the PCB is completely shot, I'm working on a replacement board design that matches the OEM as closely as possible and is just as robust. Just for the purpose of having an easy replacement for either the PCB itself or in case the (apparently proprietary) resistor array in an OE unit is shot and needs to be replaced with a modern component.

What's interesting is that the unit pictured here looks significantly different from the US spec boxes I've been repairing. I'm wondering if it has to do with the fact that it's a 24V assembly. There's no resistor array, but there are a few transistors and an IC that aren't on the 12V assembly. Makes me curious if one design is an improvement over the other, or if this just falls to 24V versus 12V compatibility.

Last edited:
My 60 is a 24V , I looked online a bit while fixing this one was done, I think all the 24V have the same as mine, red box instead of the Green one and different design of the board itself.

Are you designing a new 12v Board or 24V board ? I think I do have more photos of my 24V board if your interested ?

My 60 is a 24V , I looked online a bit while fixing this one was done, I think all the 24V have the same as mine, red box instead of the Green one and different design of the board itself.

Are you designing a new 12v Board or 24V board ? I think I do have more photos of my 24V board if your interested ?
The new board would be for 12V units. I have yet to even get my hands on a 24V unit, but I'd definitely like to so I could see if they can be feasibly refurbished like the 12V ones. Seems there would be a decent demand for those too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom