For Sale 83 LHD BJ46 For Sale, $14,500 - Boulder CO (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This truck was an amateur restoration, so it is a great, "20 footer" but the flaws are evident once you walk up close. Flat steel was welded in to replace floor body parts that had the ribs in them, the rear fenders were a mix of welded patches & riveting in place, rather than welded, etc.... But it is definitely a truck you can just drive & have fun with, as it is. Or, if you prefer, you could get a replacement body & do a full restoration. It all depends on what you want to do with it. Personally, if we were keeping it, I'd just tinker on it for fun (bumpers, winch, OME lift, the fun stuff) & drive it as it is for a few years, then one day when we have time & money consider a resto.
The truck was an April of 83 build, and originally had an oem 5 speed, but it was replaced with a 4 speed at some point. It has the OEM 3B Diesel engine & we think the lower geared Euro spec 4 speed, with discs up front & an OEM roll bar, which wasn't super common on Euro spec MWB trucks. It was red originally, and still is in the engine bay. It had some sort of bench seat up front, with no jump seats in the back, but we put correct OEM buckets up front. We moved the bench to the back(not yet mounted, just sitting there), but we do also have a set of OEM jump seats available, so the buyer could choose one seating option or the other. Oh, also it has 16" split rims (a slightly smaller set of Dunlop All Terrains go with it too – 6 ties in total, 2 brand new spares & 4 with about 50% tread) & is left hand drive. The gauges mostly work, but the fuel gauge doesn't seem to show full, but floats between a quarter to a half tank until it starts getting below that. We put a brand new OEM fuel sender in, thinking it would fix the issue, but it did not. So we aren’t sure what is the issue with it at this point. We’re also not sure if the ammeter works or not. We don't really know how to tell if it is working perfectly, or not at all & just stuck in the middle. We also just finished rebuilding the center arm on it to fix a bit of road wander/slop that it had. When we first got it a couple of years ago it had a fuel deliver issue, so we replaced the primer pump (Lift Pump) with the Bosch replacement pump, so that is pretty new. We then realized it was a gummed-up fuel pick up in the tank, so we dropped the tank & cleaned it. We’ve had no issues since then. We also had the radiator pulled & boiled out during a coolant swap, so it is clean & runs nicely. Like everyone always does, we did filters & fluids & such when we first got it, so it has pretty new fluids throughout, as well as low miles on the fuel & oil filters.

This truck is titled here in Colorado, in our name & passed emissions a few weeks ago. Anyway, if you want more info or want to follow up & see it in person, We’re happy to meet up at some point. It will likely be at the Rising Sun Rally in September as well.

front drivers cornre - panoramic.jpg
drivers front corner.jpg
front passenger corner.jpg
rear.jpg
3B # 2.jpg

A few more pics, with more to come later. Rear View mirror is mounted up now, unlike in the pics.
seats.jpg
rear seat.jpg
rear floor & seat.jpg
driver's floor.jpg
passenger floor.jpg

My euro 82 bj45 has the 3b. I bought it a couple years ago from Abe and family, they are great to deal with and describe there imports with no hidden surprises. Would buy another rig from them without hesitation!

2B was JDM only. Everywhere else held on to the B engine until the 3B was released. The 2B has two versions with one being based on the B engine pump/injectors/glow etc. and then the later 2Bs had all of the 3B parts... The blocks were the same but the bolt on parts were changed in 8/80 when the 3B started rolling out...

All good info above! I've never heard of a BJ47 before, and yeah we've never seen a BJ45 Troopy that wasn't a 3B unless it was a very early Troopy. Beyond that Bump for new price & also installed the jump seats, so figured we'd include some new pics of those, as well as the replacement tires mentioned above. Any questions, please just ask!

Now asking $14,000

Jump Seats 2.jpg
jump seats 1.jpg
Jump Seats 4.jpg
Jump Seats 3.jpg
Jump Seats 5.jpg

Other jump seat pics & tires:

Jump Seats 7.jpg
Replacement tires 1.jpg
Replacement tires 2.jpg
Replacement tires 3.jpg

Bump for new price - $13,000. Plus we found an OEM non rear heater Console, which is now mounted up & it is now running some Australian sunraysias with Kumho tires. More pics of the updates ASAP.

pics as promised

console rear.jpg
console rear 2.jpg
rear with divider.jpg
console side view.jpg
wheel pics.jpg

Just a few questions.
What is the mileage?
Do you believe it to be accurate?
I'm guessing that this canvas top is not OEM.
Was this something that you had made?
Thanks in advance.

Just a few questions.
What is the mileage?
Do you believe it to be accurate?
I'm guessing that this canvas top is not OEM.
Was this something that you had made?
Thanks in advance.

Hi Lackluster,
The mileage is unknown unfortunately. I think it is relatively low, based on the fact that EU trucks don't usually get driven like US trucks, and the fact that is was mostly parked in a garage for years before the, "resto" was done. The odometer shows something along the lines of 11k KM's, but it is a 5 digit odometer that rolls at the 100,000mark. So no real clue...

The soft top is OEM bows with the soft ambulance doors in the back. The top itself is actually not canvas, but either Hypalon or a very similar material (like the material hypalon whitewater rafts are made of). It is really super bomber, but the port hole windows are a bit of an oddity. Even parked outside, the top will likely last for 20 years if it is sprayed with 303 protectant a couple of times a year.

The thing about the top though is that some PO must have had a short garage, because they cut an inch or two off the bottom to lower the height of the whole roof. It is literally like a couple of hours or work to weld on new tubing & reposition the parts, but once done this top will be a couple of inches too short to reach the tub. So to put it back to OEM would require a new soft top or some sort of mods to this one. We haven't bothered as it is tall enough to drive without issues & we don't want to lose the top. We have thought about paying an upholstery shop to add zippers to the sides so that we can roll them up like OEM. Below is a pic from this summer with the top rolled up. You can see the bows a bit that way.
Thanks!
Erica
top rolled up - bows.jpg

Bump $12,500. We'll clean it up & put it on ebay or some other wider audience soon if nobody is interested here.
Thanks!

What is the body rust like ?
Any signs under the Checker Plate ?
I am guessing from some of the body cracks she has a fair amount of bondo in here sides, is that correct ?
Any pictures of the underside ?
So she was a Factory H55f and you think she has a H41 Box in it ?
Can you post some better pics of the dash and controls ?
Have you had the windscreen down at all ?

Power steering?? Any option to drop the h55 back in??

No power steering unfortunately. If we were going to try & add, we'd probably do that electric set up that City Racer (I think) sells. It seems really nice. A five speed could be put back into it I assume, but we don't have one for it. If you could track one down, it seems like it would be straight forward to put it back. But no clue for sure. We don't know if it was pulled because it has an issue, or if someone was just taking it to add to a different truck,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom