82 Fj60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

82 Fj60 - SOLD SOLD SOLD

In Philadelphia, Pa.

Hate to do it, but I got to sell it. Some old story, other projects, impatience...

So far I've

replaced: clutch master cyl, thermostat, PCV valve, reinstated emissions, new cat, cat back exhaust, TREs, steering stabilizer, rebuilt knuckles with all seals and bearings. Gutted carpet to reveal rust, began repairing rust. Has two sizable, holes at the joints by both doors, and general, but treatable rust all around. rebuilt carb, new oil pan gasket, put in a rebuilt power steering pump, but it needs replaced again. New cap, rotor, plugs, plug wires, fuel filter, oil filter,

Timing and idle are OK

Has lots of dents and paint is not original. You can find pics in the FJ60 tech thread.

All things seem to run fine, but has faulty component in EGR, that causes the unceasing stall on decel, bucking, hesitation. And has a new leak in the tran case. Transmission needs some attention, but shifts. Choke just broke the other day, and that was it for me...getting an 87 4 runner, inspected already.

I have spare, rebuilt air pump for when the OEM goes. I have a complete gasket kit for the engine: valve cover, head the whole kit.
All three FSM's. Haynes manual. Spare emissions components (air rail, that's already welded closed for desmog, and various VCV's VSV's EGR modulator. 2 spare carbs. steering gear box, new clutch kit

Valves are adjusted, and there was no sledge in the head.

Leak down test is good. Compression @ 125 across the board.

Needs a little love, but could easily be a DD, or trail rig. Especially if you live in an emissions exempt area.

Make offers. Only for sale here on MUD for now. I'd rather see it go to someone who will get it on the road, rather than be stripped for parts.

I don't see why you can't drive it home, but it is not inspected, and you'll need to fix the choke to do it.

e-mail a_cletus_cracker@mac.com

Cando garage(john and aaron), you want it?

Last edited:
more

here are some frame photos
fj60 ds frame.jpg
fj60 frame ds rear zoom.jpg
fj60 front pass wheel well and frame.jpg

more

all 3 FSM's, and lot's of threads printed from MUD.

Just the stuff that comes with the truck is worth $500.

But, as I said, there seems to be a buyer in Ohio.

Cdan's number, Jim C's contact and policies and Mark, the other car builder, contact and policies are there in the pile of printed pages of propaganda, proudly protecting our pieces of precious automotive history.

If i wasn't such an inpatient dumbass, i would be driving this thing daily. I guess I needed to take a step back, and re-approach this thing from a different perspective. All I could think about was what was wrong with it, after driving it this weekend, it is solid. Shifts and brakes 10 times better than the 4runner.

oh well, live and learn or die a fool.

the last photo shows the gauges at idle, after having warmed up.
fj60 fsm's.jpg
fj60.jpg
fj60 @ idle 2 (farther).jpg

Last edited:
EGR

thought i would show you the EGR blocked. it is also blocked @ vacuum advance.

exhaust hanger shot

gutted interior with my recycled joists, that will become more benches for outside my restaurant, i do have all seats
fj60 blocked egr.jpg
fj60 exhaust hanger.jpg
fj60 interior gutted.jpg

I should have time to do that before you get here. Let me know wheb you are coming, for sure, there is a bit of interest being generated, but it is yours until you tell me otherwise.

Helped a friend move today with it. We got all his furniture in one trip. We went right throug the heart of Philadelphia with 2 beds and a book shelf strapped to the roof with a sheet. It was quite fun, and once she warms up, she doesn't miss a beat.

I found where the EGR is leaking; where the valve attaches to the pipe.

Puttin it out there

Willing to trade good, complete suspension from dirt bike. Rims (F & R), rear suspension; including swing arm, shock, axle bolts, and brakes front and rear. Basically everything but the frame and motor from a decent, recent dirt bike.

From a KLX300R or similiar.

I put the 4runner in the shop...calipers, wheel cyclinders, e-brake cable, brake lines, clutch, and fly wheel...ouch...

But have been driving the FJ60 regularly, and once warm, 3-4 minutes, doesn't miss a beat. If it weren't for the price of gas, and me having the 22re- I wouldn't sell it.

Ohio...only listed here, so when/if you want it before May 10th or so, it'll probably be here, unless some body has half a dirt bike sitting around. If you find a dirt bike in Ohio...:idea:

I am still interested - thought you were set on driving it while your 4runner was in the shop so I haven't been in a hurry to get there. I'll make it as soon as I can if you aren't using it the way you implied. I'll keep my eye out for a bike - i might have a few leads on that.

Well, I still have it

I still have this truck, it has been driven occassionally, but is basically in the same condition, but it sat outside all summer and fall. It is indoors now, but I would like it to move outdoors...as in out of mu garage.

I kept thinking I could finish it off, but I just want the space now.

I am toying around with the idea of a $25 raffle for MUDers. One week to take payments from Paypal of $25...then a random drawing. I could e-mail this list, and you guys could choose the "Drawer."

MODS? Can I post a raffle in For Sale - Vehicles?

Interesting Trades Considered. Still $500 with spare parts:

Air Pump
Steering Gear Box
2 x Carb - one good, one sat outside a while
EGR valve
Air rail
various VCVs and smog junk

I thought about an antique tag to get around the smog inspection, but some one come get this thing...all offers considered :steer:

I can get better photos of whatever you want....

PM being sent, Im near Lancaster and could come and get it soon.

I still have it

I couldn't get it started the other day, so it needs to be trailered away.

Oh, Poser thanks for deleting the posts in which I asked any moderators a direct question. Thanks for the help, and your diligence.

What are the rules for doing a raffle in Classifieds? Any moderators want to answer? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom