STOLEN 81 FJ40 project southern New Jersey (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Read this a long time ago. Glad to hear it had a happy ending. Being on the other end of a non transfered title am glad it was never transfered. Gave my daughter and her husband my 79 FJ40 back in 2002. 2008 they get a divorce and my now ex son in-law wants the 79 out of the garage since he is keeping the house. Pick it up and move it into my RV parking. Kept asking for my title back. He claims he can't find it. Being a short VIN on a vehicle DMV and not registered for years couldn't find it in there records. Only thing they suggested is going to the warehouse and searching for it manually. Still working didn't want to take a day off work in hope of finding the title instead hoped the ex son in-law would quit being a A$$ and produce the title. About a year later was going thru my files with titles and seen I had used a copy machine to make copies of most my titles. There was a copy of the title. It clearly showed copy on it in a number of places. But what it had was DMV's title number. With that number and my ID a couple minutes at DMV had a new title. If they had transfered the title it would probably be parted out by now but because they hadn't I have my 79 back with title in my name. My daughter liked the 79 because the same year she was born. So she will get it back. This time she going to have to wait until the reading of the Will.

Read this a long time ago. Glad to hear it had a happy ending. Being on the other end of a non transfered title am glad it was never transfered. Gave my daughter and her husband my 79 FJ40 back in 2002. 2008 they get a divorce and my now ex son in-law wants the 79 out of the garage since he is keeping the house. Pick it up and move it into my RV parking. Kept asking for my title back. He claims he can't find it. Being a short VIN on a vehicle DMV and not registered for years couldn't find it in there records. Only thing they suggested is going to the warehouse and searching for it manually. Still working didn't want to take a day off work in hope of finding the title instead hoped the ex son in-law would quit being a A$$ and produce the title. About a year later was going thru my files with titles and seen I had used a copy machine to make copies of most my titles. There was a copy of the title. It clearly showed copy on it in a number of places. But what it had was DMV's title number. With that number and my ID a couple minutes at DMV had a new title. If they had transfered the title it would probably be parted out by now but because they hadn't I have my 79 back with title in my name. My daughter liked the 79 because the same year she was born. So she will get it back. This time she going to have to wait until the reading of the Will.
Glad you got the title worked out. And keeping it in your name is prudent. Spouses come and go ... just the way it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom