Wanted 80's US FJ40 wanted (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
I am looking to purchase an FJ40 as soon as I find the one I would like. I have been searching for an 80's us model that is in good condition and not patched together. I have bid on bring a trailer on a few and I am watching the green 82 right now. That 82 is similar to the one I am looking at this week. I prefer the tan over all others. I'll keep checking here, but if anyone is looking to sell, please let me know. Thank you.

Whatever you do, dont buy a South American LC. Id say at least 2/3 of the 40s for sale these days on sites like BAT, ebay, etc....are from SA.

Last edited:
Did you find US/NA FJ40? Mine is not a 1980’s but a 95% original 1975 NA rig that’s close by for your inspection and test drive. I’m in Loveland and will be listing in the next day or so. Can provide more info & pics If interested. Thanks, Craig

Couple of pics

PXL_20230310_231826642.jpg

PXL_20230310_231652404.jpg

Ready to list my 95% completely original 1975 FJ40. Very solid overall with refurbished top that’s now water proof/ sealed. Previous and current titles indicate 28,600 actual miles and I’m the 3rd owner. I’m in Loveland CO and acquired the rig in Phoenix May 2020 (Originally an Oregon LC). Lots of patina, no rust, 10 shades of graeige! Actually dune beige. Top sanded, epoxy prime and Cygnus w/ 3 fresh coats of single stage on the top. Professionally refurbed by Landlocked Boat & Fiberglass in Ft. Collins. I’ve removed whatever light surface rust the rig had on driver’s floor pan and chassis. Only deviation from original is the like new Warn 8274 winch on a Hell for Stout front bumper and Old Man Emu stabilizer. Interior and engine bay arevery clean and upholstery like new. Both front and back heaters refurbed w/ new front heater core. Has original Toyota front floor mat, tool bag, tools, jack w/ rod & crank. Original 2F starts without a hitch and runs solid. AZ owner rebuilt top end of engine and all suspension, birfs, transmission and transfer case. A great driver and could be solid foundation for full restore. I like driving my vehicles, not having show cars. Older BFG mud terrains but lots of tread. Lots of spare parts & extra including old school roof rack, OEM door mirrors (both hinge and windshield mount)…too many extras to list. Asking $37,500 but will discount for MUD members. let’s talk if interested. Can provide dozens of pics and lot more info. Craig

I am looking to purchase an FJ40 as soon as I find the one I would like. I have been searching for an 80's us model that is in good condition and not patched together. I have bid on bring a trailer on a few and I am watching the green 82 right now. That 82 is similar to the one I am looking at this week. I prefer the tan over all others. I'll keep checking here, but if anyone is looking to sell, please let me know. Thank you.
I am selling my 1982 recently restored as I have acquired a 1983 model. If you are interested let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom