80 series to part time 4wd?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

When I had the driveshaft off (when my t-cases went bad) I didn't like the way the vehicle would raise and lower when you put it in D or R.

I wish I knew that just removing the VC was ok when my VC went bad.
But I think I had other problems in the t-case that heated up the t-case cousing the VC to lock up.

[quote author=Warthog link=board=2;threadid=9968;start=msg88637#msg88637 date=1073806962]
Dwood

As you now, AWD is not the same as full time 4WD, and the 80's are not full time 4WD.
80's can be configured to run in either: AWD, 4WD, AWD-low range, and 4WD-low range.
Can't remember if the 80 AWD is a 30/70 or 40/60 power transfer between front & rear axles.

The AWD dramatically increases vehicle safety in regards to over the road hazards / exposures.

:rolleyes: :beer:
[/quote]

The LC 80 is not AWD !!!!!

All you guys should look at this side first to learn about the different features:

http://4x4abc.com/4WD101/glossary.html

Mike

[quote author=landtoy80 link=board=2;threadid=9968;start=msg89009#msg89009 date=1073931070]
The FZJ80 is FULL TIME 4WD. End of story.
[/quote]

Now that's funny :D

Kurt,
That's actually a stylistic A, not a 4. It reads, "Full Time AWD". End of Story.

j/k

-B-

Guys

Wow,:slap: did I open a can-o-whoop-a**!

The 80 series is considered to be "fulltime 4wd" according to automotive definitions, and of course Mr. Toyoda. Mr. Toyoda considers the only difference between AWD & Fulltime 4WD is low range :flipoff2:.

So it is mainly sematics; however, realistically the 80 is an AWD vehicle in high range when operated in the OEM configuration!

True, fulltime 4WD function is available with our 80 series ONLY / IF - the center differential is locked.

Flame Retardant Suit On.............. :beer: :beer:

Joe

As long as it ain't a Jeep, I'm happy! :flipoff2:

I want part time so I can drag race my 3FE :flipoff2:

Geez Kurt, do I have to spell out everything for you?

On the pic of the FJ60 emblem, it clearly reads AWO meaning All Wheel Option. That 60 was also All Wheel Drive. End of Story.

-B-

Don't you idiots have anything better to do?

Could of bought a Part Time 80 Series in the first place. :slap: Would of saved yourself a lot of money. :cheers:

Dad almost bought an ex-Police HZJ80 2 years old for $42,000. :banana: Ended up getting a 2 Year old ex-Farmers FZJ80 for $35,000 :flipoff2: Farmer Traded it on a GU Patrol Truck that was released that week. :)

I much prefer the extra traction of Rear Wheel Drive on Gravel than All Wheel Drive.
I would not reccomend anyone ever buy a All Wheel Drive Vehicle without front, centre and rear Viscous L.S.D.'s. - Too Dangerous without. :-*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom