Registry 80 Series Registry (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Year and model--US market 1994 FZJ80.
2. Name of owner-- Iron Yuppy.
3. Name of rig -- Um... Land Cruiser.
4. Mileage --205,***.
5. Mods...if any -- VC delete, CDL/7-pin, OME medium lift, 1" 4Crawler body lift, Hankook 295/75R16, Rhinolined flare delete, ghetto-fabbed LCAs, Iron Pig skidplate, home-brew sliders and winch bumper, Tabor 12K winch, cat delete, Longfields (disappointing performance, since removed and back to OEM birfs - ask me why!), Slee stainless extended brake lines, George's LEDs, LX450 interior, Tuffy locking centre console.
6. How the truck is used -- daily driver, trail rig.

attachment.php

Last edited:
my not so taken car of baby

1. Year and model - 1992 - US spec 80
2. Name of owner Dan Hurst
3. Name of rig not yet named
4. Mileage 92,000 (only)
5. Mods...if any "baby on board sticker" crunched bumper, 32 Michelins, nothing else (yet) :meh:
6. How the truck is used daily driver and anything that comes up

Landcruiser.jpg

Landcruiser2.jpg

Alice - The Zombie Hunter

1. Year and model . . . . . . . . 97 40th Anniversary Edition
2. Name of owner . . . . . . . . "mike"
3. Name of rig . . . . . . . . . . Alice The Zombie Hunter
4. Mileage . . . . . . . . . . . . . 166,000 and Ticking
5. Mods...if any . . .
Factory Lockers, 2.5" OME Heavy, Safari Snorkel, George's LED, HIR bulbs, Slee stuff, National Luna Dual Battery, ARB Zombie bar with Lightforce 240 Blitz, Scan Gauge II, Metal tech Sliders on the way and lots more to go.
6. How the truck is used. . . . DD to Hunting Zombies, Camping and Expedition trips
Alice 2.jpg
alice 3.jpg

1. 1991 FJ80
2. J. Cangelosi
3. Red(the name came with it)
4. 213K miles
5. No real mods yet, except for the Super Swamper 31 12.5, just been working on cleaning it up.
6. Weekend wheeler, zombie hunter.
000_0001smaller.JPG

1. 1991 HDJ81 VX Ltd
2. Denis
3. Fatso
4. who knows...
5. nothing worth mentioning as real mod
6. Word D/D family cart
Cruiser.jpg
Cruiser 001 (Small).jpg

name: Travis Fletcher

Model: 1997 fj80

Nickname: "the LC" or just "land cruiser"

Miles: 172000

Mods: 3" ome lift, borla cat-back exaust, slee front bumper, manik running boards, hid headlights, lx 450 corner lights and clear signal lights, 16" American Racing Chambers with 33" bfg all terrains. Inside: dual dvd player, garmin gps, 2 10" jl audio subs, alpine speakers all around.

Truck is used for everything from long road trips to off roading.

Pics pretty much go from stock to now. Any thoughts or Suggestions of what i should do next would be great. Thanks!

3072931_1_full.jpg

3072931_2_full.jpg

3072931_5_full.jpg

3072931_7_full.jpg

Year and model . . . . . . . . 96 LX 450 w/factory lockers

Name of owner . . . . . . . . Leon

Mileage . . . . . . . . . . . . . 166,000

Mods...if any . . .OME suspension kit (2.5") from Slee, plus PM of course
planned-- bumper and winch coming soon if I can get somebody to buy my xd9000i, 33's also

Uses- General fun rig, hunting, camping, fishing etc., maybe a few trail runs but nothing extreme
IMG_3873.jpg

1. 1997 FZJ80 Collector's Edition
2. Rob B.
3. the Cruiser
4. 163,500 mi
5. See sig. line and ROTW
6. DD, wheeler, expedition rig

DSCF1156.jpg

Ryan Hayes
1993 FZJ80
Currently taking name suggestions
179,000 miles

Cruiser%206.jpg

1993 FZJ80

The important stuff

Old Man Emu 850/863 N73/N74E Heavy Lift
295/75 R16 Nitto Terra Grapplers
Aussie Locker rear differential
Flowmaster muffler
Magnaflow spun cats
Slee front bumper
Slee rear bumper & tire carrier
Hanna sliders (old style)
Warn XD9000 winch
Custom roof rack
Custom rear storage drawer

Top.jpg

Drawer.jpg

Custom audio crap
Kenwood KDC-X792 receiver
Focal Polyglass 165 separates up front
Infinity Reference 5.25" 2-ways in rear doors
Alpine 50W amplifier
JL 8W3v2 8" woofer in a custom enclosure
JL e1200 monoblock 120W RMS amplifier

Focals.jpg

Other mods and tweaks
Speedo sensor correction gear for larger tires
CDL switch with pin-7 mod
Cab-mounted kill switch for winch
Diffs, t-case, and tranny breathers extended to engine bay
Reinforced lower rear control arms
Front swaybar disconnects
Slee upgraded headlight harness v2
Toshiba HIR low- and high-beam bulbs
IPF auxiliary lights
One Land Cruiser bottle opener a'la Cruisercrap

Painted%202.jpg

Bottle%20Opener%201.jpg

The links above lead to previous write-ups.
If there is any other junk I'll add it later

I bought my 1993 FZJ80 in January of 2004 when my wife and I decided that we needed a second automobile that could carry the whole family (me, wife, 1 year old son, and future 2nd son).

At the time, the garage contained a Suby and a 1979 FJ40 that I had owned for 5 or 6 years. It was trusty ol' beast that never failed, had more rust than sheet metal (you could see the highway through the tub), and I loved it. Not a very practical family wagon though. I hadn't yet mustered the ambition (or confidence) to give it the restoration it deserved, and we concluded that we couldn't keep it sitting around. It was sold for $2,000.

I DID convince my wife that what we needed was a NEWER Land Cruiser. I looked at a few 62's, made my first foray into the MUD forum with questions, and eventually concluded that an FZJ80 was what we needed.

I bought it from its second owner with 109,000 miles. It was very clean and in good shape as far as my untrained eye could tell.

Over the last three years the 80 has become an obsession that keeps me warm and drives my wife crazy :D . Thorough front-end service, baselined and regularly changed fluids, etc. etc. It gets it all.

engine%20bay.jpg

Issues I've had include:
A dead starter.
A couple worn u-joints.
Leaky front inner axle seals.
A bad ECU.
And a little rust beneath the rear window seal.
Although I don't know the details, I know that the head has been off sometime in it's former life--so I figure the head-gasket has been replaced.

Nothing out of the ordinary--except for maybe the ECU. I was able to get a used ECU (newer, upgraded version) for $140.

I've put quite a bit of time into keeping it looking nice as well.
This summer I ponied up to get the rust fixed by a body shop.
I spent way too much time refinishing the center caps, but they look really nice. I even indulged on a fifth center cap with a custom TEQ logo for the spare.
After getting the rear gate de-rusted, I replaced the Toyota logo with a Land Cruiser emblem from a 60-series.

Retro%20Badge%20close.jpg

On the more functional side--after having them both ripped off at the Wasatch Cruisers Fall Moab Run--I trimmed and remounted my mudflaps. Had to rebuild the fiberglass portion of the mount on the flare too. They look nice and should stay out of the way except in extreme cases.

trimmed%20mudflaps.jpg

I've been incredibly happy with all the mods.
The heavy OME setup has been awesome with the already heavy truck loaded down with the family and a weeks worth of camping crap.

Gully%202.jpg

Slee's stuff is bomber. After a few years of dragging the tail off slickrock, all it needs is the occasional wire brush and spray paint to look brand new.

Cruiser%205.jpg

I can't say enough about the Aussie Locker. It works flawlessly on the 80, with almost nothing to complain about. Best $300 I've spent on my Cruiser.

Poison%20Wedgie%20lufkin.jpg

Tipover%20Hayes%204.jpg

I'm also really lucky to have a great copilot and navigator on board.
These guys go everywhere with me in the 80.

Tailgate%20Buddies.jpg

The best praise I could give my 80 is the fact that it took my family and all the necessary crap through 5 days and 200 miles of dirt roads and rough (up to probably grade 3) trails in the remote Maze district of Canyonlands last spring--and EVERYONE had an outstanding time--even the 9-month old.

I've posted it before, but here's the video again:

Hayes Maze

And if you're in the mood for more feel-good wheelin' movies, here's one from the Wasatch Cruisers Fall 2006 Moab Run.

Ryan

Last edited:
Year and model - 97 40th edition

Name - (Fertile) Myrtle - our daughter was concieved in this truck during a camping trip - true story!!

Mileage - 192,000

Mods - Nothing to speak of besides a hopped up 800 watt sound system with a custom 10" sub enclosure in the stock location.

Uses- Was a 3rd vehicle for fun but has turned into my wife's toddler-toter. Mainly used on weekends to tow our pop-up trailer and some mild trail runs.
PICT0443-vi.jpg

Last edited:
1. Year and model- 1997 FZJ80
2. Name of owner- Robert
3. Name of rig- Land Cruiser
4. Mileage- 180,000
5. Mods...if any- OME 75mm HD with matching shocks, 295/75 R16 BFG KO, CDL, Factory lockers, Relocated Breathers, ARB bull bar,
6. How the truck is used- DD, Weekend Wheeler
Build.jpg

Just picked it up last weekend!

I just traded my Dodge Ram off for this 1993 80 series. The rig is in great condition and I am really enjoying it. I sold my '73 FJ40 a few years ago and have been craving another Landcruiser for years. The wife likes this one a little better than the 40 :).

1993 FZJ80
Adam McElveen
No mods really, just some sliders and mudders
Gonna be used for a DD and some moderate off roading with friends...
Landcruiser and Ebay items September 021.JPG

Not ours...(cell phone shot)

Local owner, imported from South America, Turbo, I'll try to get you all some more info when she's willing and able. :D

2900964924_76158557eb_o.png

My Baby...

UPDATED 6/16/11

1. Year and model - 1995 FZJ80
2. Name of owner - Robin Olds
3. Name of rig - OnDRoks
4. Mileage - 163,000 - Now has over 179,000.
5. Mods...if any - ARB Bull Bumper, IPOR tire carrier and bumper, Warn M12000 Winch, Warn 6" and 9" dual mode lights, 4" OME Lift, 315 Nito Terra Grappler Tires, Dual Battery Setup, LED Lights, CDL, steel brake lines, Solid Rock Off Road rock sliders, front and rear sway bars, bump stops, etc...
6. How the truck is used - Off roading, Camping and trial riding
7. Photo attached.
2011-05-04_New Paint.jpg

Last edited:
1. Year and model - 1997 LX 450
2. Name of owner - Brett Passmore
3. Name of rig - ??
4. Mileage - 74,840
5. Mods...if any - Land Rover cup holder on center console - Thanks -B- !
6. How the truck is used - Daily driver and soon trail rig
7. Photos attached.

Clint Z is the man who sucked me into this... :steer:
Lexus LX 450 018.JPG
Lexus LX 450 002.JPG
Lexus LX 450 023.JPG

Last edited:
Hi, I'm new...

1. Yr./make': '95; ordered and received in '96
2. Owner: only one ever -- Linda
3. Rig: Maine plate says DAIZIES
4. mileage: 98,989 est.; little-old-lady type; garaged; less than 10K/yr.
5. mods: Options: locking diffs., tow pkg., roof rack, security system, moonroof
6. how used: pleasure/safety in SD (now Maine) snow.
7. pics: Clean as a whistle... Looks like new.
passenger's side.jpg
front open.jpg
engine front center.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom