80 Series in a Toy Hauler (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
If it fits it ships!

Dune Sport 40' Mancave Toy Hauler. 24k GVWR, dry weight 12K. Ramp upgraded to 5k capacity. 96" door height. Goes in easy and I can still open the door to get out. Trailer handles the weight perfectly.
LC in toy hauler.jpg
LC in toy hauler2.jpg

this is exactly the type of setup i would like to find some day! have you ever scaled it fully loaded with the 80 in it?

Nice! What are you using as a tow rig?

I have not. I'd guess it's in the 19k range with the cruiser, water, fuel, food and gear though. I probably should do that someday.

You're not too far from me, if you ever wanted to check out my set up let me know.
heck yeah. Maybe after I get my motor issues sorted we can meet up and go do some exploring as well. have you gotten out to play in the snow lately?

heck yeah. Maybe after I get my motor issues sorted we can meet up and go do some exploring as well. have you gotten out to play in the snow lately?
I'm not a huge snow wheeling fan. It's probably because the cruiser weighs a ton and has no power though. Just seems to sink while all my jeep friends float on by. We do get up that way a lot in the spring and summer though. Enjoy running around rimrock and hitting funnyrocks/moonrocks and the roads around that area.

I'm not a huge snow wheeling fan. It's probably because the cruiser weighs a ton and has no power though. Just seems to sink while all my jeep friends float on by. We do get up that way a lot in the spring and summer though. Enjoy running around rimrock and hitting funnyrocks/moonrocks and the roads around that area.
yeah the 80 is a little on the heavy side but i have had good luck with my 37's and about 4-5psi.

If you have been to rimrock/funnyrocks from Pasco you probably drive right by my house. we are on 12 about 2 miles before 410 and 12 split.

A note of caution based on the experience of a friend whose crawler Sami punched two holes thru his toy hauler's floor. Have a look at the floor's thickness and where the frame crossmembers are relative to where the 80's tires sit when loaded into the trailer. Some toy haulers are rated for one large vehicle, other's aren't, and some don't say. Apologies if this has already been looked into, better safe than sorry.

A note of caution based on the experience of a friend whose crawler Sami punched two holes thru his toy hauler's floor. Have a look at the floor's thickness and where the frame crossmembers are relative to where the 80's tires sit when loaded into the trailer. Some toy haulers are rated for one large vehicle, other's aren't, and some don't say. Apologies if this has already been looked into, better safe than sorry.
No worries. Good advice for people looking at something like this. My trailer has 1.5" thick plywood floors throughout and 12" I-beams for the main rails with 10" cross joists every 24" and then stringers running between those to support the floor further. The tires ride directly above the 12" beams. I worked with the builder specifically to hold this weight in this placement.

I like the clean and simple exterior lines of that trailer. Builder wouldn't happen to be down in North-Eastern OR somewhere, would they?

Here's a look at the outside. Which happened to be taken in Jim Sprick Park about 15 minutes outside Naches :)

View attachment 3211606
that is a nice spot, right across from Bald mt rd to get up into the trail system quick.

that is a nice looking trailer. is that a triple 8K axle trailer. I would love to get soemthing like that someday. how steep is your ramp when loading incase you wanted to load a lower clearance type car in there?

that is a nice spot, right across from Bald mt rd to get up into the trail system quick.

that is a nice looking trailer. is that a triple 8K axle trailer. I would love to get soemthing like that someday. how steep is your ramp when loading incase you wanted to load a lower clearance type car in there?
Yes, 8k triple axle.

Ramp is around 25-30 degrees. Not sure I would try a regular height car and definitely not anything lowered. I had the springs put over the axels for more ground clearance. You could go to spring under and reduce that angle quite a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom