80 Series Gold Package (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone have a history on the "gold package" for the 80 Series? I see some gold package parts floating around but looks like it's for 1992-1996. Did they not make it for the 97? If so seems odd since the 95-97' years have very little variance.

*Looking for the gold antennae nut if anyone has an extra let me know

1996 Gold Emblem Kit. NLA part number 00577-60950. It was a port installed option for $599. Unsure if the rear Toyota emblem fits a 97, as its in the center of hatch vs the left on a 96. I have a couple kits sitting on a shelf in my office.

1628637980775.png

Kit is front/rear Toyota emblem (2 total) plus Full Time 4WD and the antennae nut? Total of four pieces?

I have a 97 with 3 gold emblems (all in good shape) but just missing the antennae nut. Gold Toyota emblem on back is centered but now you have me wondering if prior owner "upgraded" all his 97 emblems (chrome) to the gold ones. Cannot confirm if 97s actually had the gold package.

I have a 97 anniversary that someone put the gold package on. I swapped it all out for the black pearl emblems, except for the antenna nut... it's still gold. Do you still have the chrome antenna nut on yours? If so and in decent condition, I'd probably swap you for my gold one, assuming I can get it off in one piece...

That may work, my antennae assembly is about 18 mos old and was OEM (flown in from UAE) so should be in great shape. How would you grade the quality on the gold one?

I believe the gold package option started in 1993 along with lots of other goodies to include ABS brakes, 4 wheel discs and of course the vastly superior 1FZ FE. 93 and 94 didn’t have the sambrero grill but instead Toyota in gold lettering.

@leoandgrauce Shoot me a pm with an email or text and I'll send you a couple pics so you can decide if it looks good to you.

1996 Gold Emblem Kit. NLA part number 00577-60950. It was a port installed option for $599. Unsure if the rear Toyota emblem fits a 97, as its in the center of hatch vs the left on a 96. I have a couple kits sitting on a shelf in my office.

View attachment 2755565

Did you get thay off EBAY? Appears to be counterfeit Toyota parts.

Cheers

Did you get thay off EBAY? Appears to be counterfeit Toyota parts.

Cheers
I purchased it from a vendor on the east coast that buys out old dealer stock. Chinese make good fakes but they cant fake 25 year old on packaging.

These are 100% real oem.

I have a 97 with 3 gold emblems (all in good shape) but just missing the antennae nut. Gold Toyota emblem on back is centered but now you have me wondering if prior owner "upgraded" all his 97 emblems (chrome) to the gold ones. Cannot confirm if 97s actually had the gold package.

My '97 came with the gold package.

Ant nut2.jpg

Full Time.jpg

Gold pkg1.jpg

Gold pkg2.jpg

Last edited:
Mine came with the gold package for a 1997 collectors edition. Mine is a bit of an odd duck since its a white factory locked with gold package, but no factory roof rack, no rear wing and no fake wood trim installed. Seems like the best of all with the exception of factory leather trim. The gold emblems however have not aged well. The antenna nut corroded and broke off when repairing the antenna, the front badge took a rock hit and was cracked and removed. Have a chrome one ready to install.

Yeah, that is definitely a unique combo. Appears the "gold package" badges etc. are legit 24K gold (but as you know, almost impossible to find). I bought a front Toyota emblem that has the same PN but the gold is almost yellow (not gold plated) and were also used on Camrys. Doesn't look quite as "regal" as the gold package one but if you want a similar substitute they can be ordered (still have stock).

Mine came with the gold package for a 1997 collectors edition. Mine is a bit of an odd duck since its a white factory locked with gold package, but no factory roof rack, no rear wing and no fake wood trim installed. Seems like the best of all with the exception of factory leather trim. The gold emblems however have not aged well. The antenna nut corroded and broke off when repairing the antenna, the front badge took a rock hit and was cracked and removed. Have a chrome one ready to install.
Interesting to hear of a Collectors Edition with the Gold Package since only the CEs got the black pearl emblems...of which yours were swapped to gold.

Any chance you have the "original" CE emblems laying around?

Gold Package, CE, and 40th Emblems where all installed at port. Thus all North American market specific.
A dealer or new owner could also slap on what ever emblems they wanted as well.
I'm guessing at $600 a pop most dealers wanted as many blinged out emblems and wood kits on these as possible.

Emblem kits were probably sent to a plater here stateside which is why the packaging is not traditional Toyota.
If your buying new OEM emblems I have only seen regular silver or the 1/2 gold and silver emblems.

The newer gold emblems are a different color because they are a different plating process from the original 24k plated ones.

I've got the gold package on my '94. I'm looking for the gold "cowboy hat" Toyota emblem for the rear hatch if anyone's got one for sale. I don't need the whole kit though.

Back in the day we use to do a bunch of work for dealerships at the stereo shop i worked at we had a machine that would turn chrome badges and what not to gold don't remember what the machine was we also did wood grain kits too. Not saying these badges are the fake gold but we did alot for the Toyota dealership.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom