80 Series Flip up Gullwing windows again.... Who's in? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Installed the flip up window yesterday. The only trouble I had was getting the slider window out. I started at the rear of the window and had trouble, after 5 minutes of trying I moved toward the forward corner and had no problems. I used the same non marring chisels Phil uses in his video.

IMG_1660.JPG

Nicely done landlexus and your LX is the white color:clap: Goes to show smart guys can do it without video instruction. :redface:

Knowing your past installation once the old window was out, maybe ~1 hour?

Now paint the exposed white around the opening.:flipoff2:

Nicely done landlexus and your LX is the white color:clap: Goes to show smart guys can do it without video instruction. :redface:

Knowing your past installation once the old window was out, maybe ~1 hour?

Now paint the exposed white around the opening.:flipoff2:

Yes, about an hour to install once the old window is removed.
I placed a space heater inside the cargo area pointed at the window so the hot air was forced to blow across the window for about 30 minutes before I began. The rubber weatherstripping was very warm when I began. This is probably not necessary during the summer, but probably made removing the old window easier.
I almost didn't post a picture yet because I knew Phil would make a comment about the exposed white not yet painted.

Put me down for the 2017 run!

When is the install party ? Do we need to buy the tools needed at Harbor Freight?

When is the install party ? Do we need to buy the tools needed at Harbor Freight?

Sorry No date on install party I need to get some other work behind me.
If you are doing your own install you are welcome to borrow any of the limited tools required to do the install any time.

If your window is going to be shipped its ready to ship once we see payment, a few windows have already been delivered.:cool:

Would you mind doing a first run/second run list? I'm sure I didn't make the first run but am ready to order and don't want to cut the line. (I hate line cutters!!)

Thanks!

Would you mind doing a first run/second run list? I'm sure I didn't make the first run but am ready to order and don't want to cut the line. (I hate line cutters!!)

Thanks!

Happy New Year you made it

I looked, and am apparently a little mentally challenged, and can't find your PayPal address.

Also $444 even or is there some change?

Thanks!

I looked, and am apparently a little mentally challenged, and can't find your PayPal address.

Also $444 even or is there some change?

Thanks!

$450.oo
PayPal for Windows landcruiserphil@gmail.com

A couple survey questions
What side will you be installing?
what will you be using the flip up for?

Thanks

Money is sent!

I'll be putting this one on the driver's side so I can access my off road fridge without having to open the swing outs.

Thanks!

Money is sent!

I'll be putting this one on the driver's side so I can access my off road fridge without having to open the swing outs.

Thanks!

Is your fridge currently on a slide or will it be mounted in place at the window?

Will ship today FedEx, tracking number will be emailed
Looking forward to the pictures

It's on a slide to better access it from the rear but as I'm sure you can relate, sometimes you just need a cold beverage and don't want to deal with the swing outs.

Look forward to getting it.

Thanks.

Got my flip up installed this morning. It was pretty straight forward - the hardest part was the layout of the hinge holes and committing to drilling them. But everything worked out perfectly.

Thanks @LandCruiserPhil for a high quality product. Every piece of this window feels super solid. Looking forward to putting it to use.

20170107_122440.jpg
20170107_122254-1.jpg
20170107_123553.jpg

Last edited:
Got my flip up installed this morning. It was pretty straight forward - the hardest part was the layout of the hinge holes and committing to drilling them. But everything worked out perfectly.

Thanks @LandCruiserPhil for a high quality product. Every piece of this window feels super solid. Looking forward to putting it to use.

View attachment 1378610 View attachment 1378611 View attachment 1378612

Another picture perfect install, nice job @Shwing !
Featured on Instagram:) LandCruiserPhil

Last edited:
Installed LCP Gullwing window. High quality, straightforward and fits well..Another high quality product at a reasonable price.
100_5958.JPG

100_5959.JPG

100_5960.JPG

100_5961.JPG

This is an odd question, but would you mind posting the installation instructions? I'm having a hard time figuring out how the hinges attach to the body.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom