80 series clutch pedal install Help.y (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have started to install a spring over center toyota clutch pedal in my 1992 80 series. I have drilled the two holes on the firewall and have it lined up however it seam strange having the assmbly sitting on the firewall on those small tubes and not the flat metal. I also do not have any place on the under side of the dash for the pedal assembly to bolt to. Its almost like Im missing some bracket under the dash. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1416699509.544180.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1416699529.444556.jpg

I was told that the 80 series has a separate clutch pedal unlike the 60 series. I'm wondering if my 1992 is different than newer 80 series. Somthing is not their as the bracket has a slot for a top for a bolt but my truck has no threaded hole. Not the easy bolt on I thought it would be.

Hey andrews520

Thank you so much for the pics.
The last photo really helps. I have no spot for that top bolt to tread into the dash and I do not have that long spring either . I will have to figure out a way to fasten a bolt in the upper section . Maybe drill a hole and insert a nutsert. Is that long return spring in the last photo needed ?

On my 97 there was a threaded hole that went straight up in the dash for the 3rd bolt on the clutch pedal assembly. The hole in the dash was hidden by the black insulation. I'd assume all 80s have it.
I had the run a spring set up similar to andrew. The stock spring assist was to strong.

Mines a factory 5 speed so I'm assuming there is a need for the spring as described above. Let us know if you find the threaded hole...i

Thanks for all the help guys . Ok so all my questions have been answered and it looks like I will have to do some custom fab work . Unfortunately this is what my dash looks like.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1416749283.254646.jpg

Better get busy!!

I ended up drilling a hole and putting a nut and bolt threw the upper dash. I used washers on top of the pedal bucket to Space it correctly. The hole goes into the front wiper arm area and I had to remove the wipers and panel to access the area. Here are a few pictures. I also used some seam sealer on the bolt to prevent any leakage.
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1416874249.731467.jpg
ImageUploadedByIH8MUD Forum1416874259.912969.jpg

1high61: did you end up using the stock spring assist or did you have to figure out a new spring set-up?
Can you post some pics of the finished product please.
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom