80 series ARB rear bumper? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

PKP80 said:
Is anyone running a 4 Plus bumper (STEVEO doesn't count)? The wait list for those suckers is long and you have to take your rig down to AZ for a few nights while they install it.
Didn't it used to say you had to take your rig to AZ for 6 weeks? LOL

EDIT:
Directly from MAFs website:
This item is special order only. Vehicle is required for at least 8-12 weeks to complete installation. The facility is located in Globe, Arizona.

Sorry folks, but we are currently booked through the rest of this year on the 4Plus 80 series Rock Crawler bumper, and will not be taking any more reservations for the immediate future.

You've got to be kidding me, if they want my rig for 8-12 weeks they better pay me to have that bumper on my rig!

firetruck41 said:
You've got to be kidding me, if they want my rig for 8-12 weeks they better pay me to have that bumper on my rig!

What are you :crybaby: about just ship it to AZ $$$$ rent a car for 3 months $$$$$$$$$$$ and have it shipped back $$$$, simple! :D

Maybe no more driving to AZ-

Steve-O at Man-A-Fre says...

"The rear bumper is our 4+ bumper. We should have shipable versions of the rear bumper pretty soon, before you had to drive the vehicle to our fabrication shop (AZ) to put it on. The turbo should also be completed very soon..."

Found that in a thread for their new lift...

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=52173

firetruck41 said:
Didn't it used to say you had to take your rig to AZ for 6 weeks? LOL

EDIT:
Directly from MAFs website:

I stand corrected 6-12weeks. That's pretty retarded, so they are cranking out an impressive 4-6 bumpers a year, lol real efficient. I do love how they look though. Back to the question does anyone on here have one? or will have one in 6-12weeks, lol. thats a flexible time window if I've ever seen one.

Its a very flexable time window. To be honest, I dont think any of the rigs we did them on took 6 weeks. What you dont realize is that all of our 4+ products are pretty much made by one very very busy man. If we order 200 sets of shackles and need them in 2 weeks, hes going to start on that rather than finishing one bumper. We will have a shipable one soon I hope. We are installing a new powder coat booth at 4+, when that is up and running, we will be able to powder coat everything in house. The owner of 4+ is mainly working on getting that going right now.

4+plus

Steve-O said:
Its a very flexable time window. To be honest, I dont think any of the rigs we did them on took 6 weeks. What you dont realize is that all of our 4+ products are pretty much made by one very very busy man. If we order 200 sets of shackles and need them in 2 weeks, hes going to start on that rather than finishing one bumper. We will have a shipable one soon I hope. We are installing a new powder coat booth at 4+, when that is up and running, we will be able to powder coat everything in house. The owner of 4+ is mainly working on getting that going right now.

4+plus
No doubt it is high quality, I'm kind of suprised that you even sell or advertise the bumper with those kind of production requirements, time for him to get some help, or outsource! It will be nice to have another (shippable) alternative :) can't ever have too much 80 series aftermarket options :D

barrypt5 said:
Anybody heard any updates on the 80 series ARB rear bumper situation??? Well i guess this at least gives us time to save up for it :D

I plan to talk to the ARB reps at SEMA but i am sure they will just tell me the same thing.

well as promised i talked to one of the reps at SEMA and she said that the 100 series bumper will be available in 4 months and the 80 series is going to be produced but she didn't know how soon it would be available. She guessed that it would probably be not long after the 100 series became available. Still don't have any pics or any idea what it will look like.

Sounds like the 6-12 weeks isn't so bad now. :rolleyes:

They need more employees and greater efficiency.

Nice bumper though, just way too long to wait for one.

Well for those of you that do not venture into the 100 series forum the ARB rear bumper for this series has been released to the US...Sleeoffroad mentioned he order some and will hopefully have some pics up soon. well i know this is not exactly good news for us but atleast it will give us and idea and better pictures than the ones on the ARB website...anyways here is the link to the 100 series thread
https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=68358

barrypt5

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom