78 Fj40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This FJ has not been used much in the last 6 years so I guess its time to get rid of it . It has about 289'000 mi. on it . The windshield was replaced about 500 mi. ago,the brake master cylinder was replaced and the booster was rebuilt.the engine is the original 6cylinder with about 130,000 mi.on it. It also has a newer fuel pump. There is the usual rust under the rear doors and some on the rt. rear fender. The front seats need new upholstery.It is located in Pueblo West, Colorado, I'm asking 3800 OBO. I have more pics that I could e-mail
fj3.JPG
fj2.JPG
fj 1.JPG

The original engine was rebuilt about 130K ago. It does run, I replaced the carb with one from a '67 Tempest but I do have the original carb,It would need a new throttle linkage because the current one can hang up at times. It does have the 4 speed and it also has a tow bar that goes into the recievers on the front bumper.

I've been asked about the running condition of the engine, when it was rebuilt one valve seat and one valve were replaced and all other valves were lapped, the cylinders were bored and oversize pistons installed, the crank and rods were reconditioned and a new oil pump was put in. It starts easy and runs good except for the dried out accelerator pump in the carb that causes a bad flat spot in acceleration. Like I said I havethe original carb minus the linkage, I removed it because every time I made a left turn it flooded then engine. The front brakes are good but boath rear brake cylinders need replaced so I would not drive it untill those are fixed. I hope this helps , Ill post more if I recall anything else.

Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom