'77 Steering Column Wiring Harness (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Regarding the plug-in connections at the lower end of the harness-
1.) Can I purchase these plastic plug-in pieces? (the two broken ones)
2.) Can I re-use the original brass wire ends? (insert the original wires/ends into new plastic plugs)
3.) What does the single wire, male plug go to?

thanks,
dg

column harness 1.jpg

column harness 2.jpg

Where did the other end of those plus connect to? or maybe better said what did those plugs control/ what did the connect to? (If you know) I’m in this process just like you with my 76 🍻🥃

The single Green-White wire is an unused leftover from the pre-'76 years. Apparently Toyota rather than removing them, they just kept using inventory they had. It's really just there to confuse '76-78 40 owners, maybe '75 too.

Last edited:
Where did the other end of those plus connect to? or maybe better said what did those plugs control/ what did the connect to? (If you know) I’m in this process just like you with my 76 🍻🥃
The plug with the green wires control the turn signals and routes through the hazard switch. The white-black is a ground and the red wires are for the high beams.

That whole harness is still available and included with a replacement turn signal switch. Probably your best bet vs trying to find the right plug ends. :beer:

What did the single green/white wire go to? Is the single green/white wire a good place to get 12v on signal from?

Small correction. 9/73+ (74 model) rear turn singles had they own separate lamp in the tail lights. If the 9/72-9/73 didn't have the new style turn single switch probably wouldn't have been a issue.

Turn single switch changed 9/77. That change was to include the ability to flash high beam on the headlights with them being off. That required a separate 12 volt power source to accomplish that.

The single Green-White wire is an unused leftover from the pre-'76 years. Apparently Toyota rather than removing them, they just kept using inventory they had. It's really just there to confuse '76-78 40 owners, maybe '75 too.
Thank you for clearing that up. Good to know and now I won't waste time trying to figure it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom