40 blinker switch single unused wire (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ntsaint

Don't Assume I Know The Basics...
SILVER Star
Threads
76 model.

Blinkers do not work. Not a fuse issue or light issue, all good there.

Hazards work fine so it's not the relay.

I assumed it was the switch on the steering column, but when I went to pull it I found that there was a wire that is part of the blinker switch assembly that is not connected to anything. And I can't find anything on the harness nearby that it would connect to.

So question is...what is this wire (on left) and is it the reason my blinkers don't work off the column switch??

image.jpeg

Thx will check that out. But I can't find any match for the single wire anywhere on my harness...

I just checked the wiring schematic and don't see a green/white wire going to the directional signal switch.
full

Copied from an earlier thread:

The GW wire with the bullet connector mentioned above is a left over from the 74 and older wiring which had the brake light signal going through the turn signal switch due to the older trucks using one bulb to do two things (Brake/Turn). When Toyota separated the turn signal to it's own bulb, that connection to the brake switch was no longer needed.

Copied from an earlier thread:

The GW wire with the bullet connector mentioned above is a left over from the 74 and older wiring which had the brake light signal going through the turn signal switch due to the older trucks using one bulb to do two things (Brake/Turn). When Toyota separated the turn signal to it's own bulb, that connection to the brake switch was no longer needed.

Awesome guys thx! Seriously awesome odo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom