Wanted 76-78 original paint, stock motor, etc (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm looking to find a 76-78 FJ40. I would like to find something with original paint, very minimal rust and without metal repair, clean underside. Not looking for a show queen, but nice looking and mechanically solid. Trying to stay between 15-30k depending on condition. As original as possible as far as engine, etc, not too much lift and definitely an american truck. It can be anywhere in the country as I know it is hard to find a good one rust wise out here. Thank y'all for your help

Tall order but you're willing to travel and have a realistic budget. Be patient and I'm sure you'll find exactly what you're looking for.

we just finished this sweet little '78. It is 98% original paint (see pics), we cut out a small amount of rust on the rear sill and two quarter size pieces on each rear quarter. The interior is very nice, original floor mats front and rear, brand new OME lift, 5 new Toyo Open Country MT 33x10.50x15 tires, new weatherstripping, new bumperettes, new OEM dash pad, the whole undercarriage has been hotsy'ed and refinished, new headliner, new clutch and EVERYTHING works on it and the original 2F runs great. If you're interested give me a shout. I am going to list it soon... I would love to see a mud member have it.

IMG_0397.jpg

IMG_0398.jpg

IMG_0399.jpg

IMG_0400.jpg

heres a few pics of it before we buffed the paint, added the lift and did all of the other stuff.

Photo Jan 06, 11 14 59 AM.jpg

Photo Jan 06, 11 15 15 AM.jpg

Photo Jan 06, 11 16 37 AM.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom