Builds 75’ Rust O’mod to Restomod (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What color are you using ? And who makes it ? Single Stage ? Sooo Nice !!

Color is a Dodge Color called Dark Ceramic Blue.

Color is a Dodge Color called Dark Ceramic Blue.

Ahhhh... that's right. I had asked you about this before - and forgot about that. Looks Soooo Good on your 40. ... Keep up your impressive (and imaginative) work on her ! ~Marc

FJ60 Power Steering is under way.

D9ACC7F9-328D-414C-800C-926102F9068A.jpeg

D70F3759-2956-4157-B907-CA62B34A733D.jpeg

5.7 TBI. I know these somewhat newer 350’s were meant to run a little hotter due to the emissions but, my temp is staying right around 220 and maybe I’m just a little paranoid.

I’m thinking I may try a Ford Taurus fan and maybe a lower T-stat. Not sure if I have the room for a mechanical fan.
I’m just now starting to research it all.
Good luck on yours.

5.7 TBI. I know these somewhat newer 350’s were meant to run a little hotter due to the emissions but, my temp is staying right around 220 and maybe I’m just a little paranoid.

I’m thinking I may try a Ford Taurus fan and maybe a lower T-stat. Not sure if I have the room for a mechanical fan.
I’m just now starting to research it all.
Good luck on yours.
I can’t do mechanical fan with my carb’d 350. At first I ran a Be Cool that slipped in the stock shroud, around town it was great, but I travel over a steep pass- I’d overheat most of the time. At my friends suggestion, I picked up a Taurus fan. As long as my timing is good, I don’t have any more issues. Shroud was pretty easy to mod, as well.

Two bits of advice my internet searching turned up:
1) get the soft start relay from a volvo(same fan according to the web). Apparently the start up draw will burn up the fan.
2) Said draw is to much for the stock ammeter and fuses, so make a separate circuit to reroute the amps it’ll pull.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom