75 rear leaf removal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi
I want too remove a rear leaf too soften the ride a little and get the rear shackle pointing back instead of forward... i dont mind loosing an inch in height but i cant decide weather too pull the third one down or 4th one down ???
they were new heavy duty springs the PO said but i have no idea where from

40438318_2229862023962972_765317465105235968_n.jpg

I wondered that at first , but searching pictures of 75s brings up alot (maby half ) like that with HD springs.

Yea...i will try with the 3rd leaf down removed but if im not happpy ill get new ones i think.

Thanks mate , thats exactly what i wanted too see ... my tyres are 33s and about 5mm lower than the chassis rail...do you know how much lift i have ?
my springs are the correct pin too eye length , but ive been told they are designed for around 500kg constant load which im sure would flatten them out and help the shackle angle....
your pic shows exactly what my main pack would look like with the third spring down removed but i doubt it will be enough too straiten my arch much.. can only help though

Those rear springs are designed for a lot of weight. The bed is currently empty; load up 1,000 lbs. and the springs should flatten out a bit.

It will be some work (and dirty!) but I would start with removing 2 leafs from each rear spring pack. You will be reducing the load capacity of the rear suspension by doing so, but you can always re-install those 2 leafs if the rear springs sag too much.

Good luck!

Yea your probly right about 2 springs but ill go for 1 too start with. Ill know how it goes this time next week.

Springs out ,shackle angle is better and ride hight has dropped about.20mm.
The truck sits close too level now and the ride is damn near amazing compared too before... when you grab the deck and rock it you can see the shackle move now , before they didnt budge
Il post some better pics once i have run it a while but pretty happy now.

20180913_204437.jpg

20180913_204457.jpg

This is my 75 series with vdj76 efs 2" rear leafs
received_666871550358919.jpeg

Thats alot of angle...it would be close too bending a spring if they tryed too flatten out wouldnt it ?

Heres another photo... the measured drop after a small drive in the country is about 15mm... i still cant get over how smooth it is.

Thats alot of angle...it would be close too bending a spring if they tryed too flatten out wouldnt it ?
Nah the bump stops dont allow the leafs to fully flatten out, that is how it sits at 3T so almost on the GVM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom