SOLD 75 fj40 tub, 2f/4speed/t-case, rolling chassis (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have a 75 fj40 rolling chassis with a complete 2f,4speed, t-case, and a pretty good tub. I don't have a title for it so no title is included.

I would like to sell it all together but if that doesn't work I will sell the tub seperate of the chassis. The tube is pretty rust free except for the rear sill. The rear fenderwells have been cut.

I have plenty of pictures if you want to see some more let me know.

Asking 2500 for it complete. Located in northern NM

20180520_162541.jpg

20180520_162612.jpg

20180520_162632.jpg

20180520_162640.jpg

20180520_162707.jpg

Still for sale,

I sold the radiator and pulled the switches from it. The rest is still for sale. I have a bill of sale and will provide one to the buyer if they want to get a bonded title.

Does it still have a Vin plate? Looking at building this and would need to get it squared away in California. Also, would need to get it shipped up to just north of Sacramento. You have any history on the engine? Axles? Have any more pictures of under carriage? Thanks.

And pictures of the engine too, thank you.

The tub does have the vin plate that matches the frame. It will come with a bill of sale.

I don't have any history on the drive train except that the shop said it ran 9 years ago when it was parked and disassembled for restoration.

I can send you more pictures please send me your email or phone I can text to.

Just fyi, the windshield frame and hood are sale pending at the moment.

Also, I didn’t know you had a windshield frame and hood included hehe. Obviously the more parts the better, but I understand you’re currently selling bits here and there.

Bump,
Price drop 2000 for the tub, chassis, and drive train. I did run the vin through the local DMV and it came back no records found. I think this is a good platform to build a resto on if you are willing to get a bonded title.

I'm curious about the history of this so I can get a feel for how easy a title might be too get.

How long have you had it?
Who did your buy it from?
Do you know any history before that?
Finally, can you provide the VIN? I want to do my own investigation at my dmv. You can pm the VIN if you'd rather.

I sent you a PM.

I purchased the 75 FJ40 from a shop that was closing in Albuquerque. The project was brought to the shop 9 years prior for work. The guy that brought it in never came back so the shop stopped doing anything to it and parked it out back. They were not able to locate the guy and he never returned so it sat behind the shop for 9 years. They said it was driven in when it first arrived. I was able to turn the engine using a wrench on the crank bolt.

I took the vin with the bill of sale I received to my local DMV, they ran it and could not find any records on it in the system.

I don't know what state your in but here I would have to get a bonded title and it would cost about 500.00 to go through the process.

Last edited:
sold as yet? Which production date (month/year) is tub/engine/frame?

It is all still available.
Production date is April 1975

I SOLD, the tub off of this so it is no longer available as pictured. I have a parts thread for what is left in the parts classifieds.

I SOLD, the tub off of this so it is no longer available as pictured. I have a parts thread for what is left in the parts classifieds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom