For Sale 75 FJ40 disassembled (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This isn't mine (nor do I know the seller) but I was cruising Craigslist and I'm heading down that way this weekend.

http://slo.craigslist.org/cto/5137519314.html

Looks like it could be a really interesting project... Frame off candidate ready to go! Knowing what I do now I would be interested... except I'm not quite ready for the divorce just yet... ;)
00f0f_dDUkuB5tlne_600x450.jpg

00g0g_5LXOv70Fl5a_600x450.jpg

00L0L_6xYy2OcNfnh_600x450.jpg

00l0l_bZPWPeCC7EO_600x450.jpg

Text of ad for future reference since Craigslist ads disappear...

For Sale: 1975 Fj40. **California Smog Exempt** Still have smog equipment. California Title. This is for someone who wishes to complete a frame up restoration. I had bought this vehicle as a complete, all original and unmolested Land Cruiser. I had wanted this FJ40 all my life and had every intention of rebuilding it. After several years I concluded that I will not be able to complete this restoration any time soon and want to give someone else a chance. Rare find to get an FJ with this little rust and all original. If done right this vehicle will be worth $25,000 - $30,000. NO LOW BALL OFFERS, I can EBAY the parts for more than the asking price, but do not want to do that.

This vehicle has minimal rust and the tub and frame is in great shape. I have disassembled the vehicle down into its components. I have photos of the dis-assembly and tagged the parts. I have purchased about $2,000 in restoration parts and accessories that will go with the vehicle. I did however sell the roll bar and engine bell housing because I was planing on a full roll cage and engine swap. The front fenders were junked due to damage & rust. Rusted rear seal already cut out for new seal.

Details:

2F Engine
Hard Top, ambulance doors
Frame not Rusted out
Rear Jump Seats
Rear Heater
front heater w/restoration kit
All seats professionally re-upholstered
New Dash
New Filters
Needs new windshield, Seal is OK.
All other glass good
Original Rims and Caps
Radiator cleaned/pressure checked

NO Windshield glass
NO Bell housing / clutch plate
NO Roll bar
NO Front fenders

Hey Gin,
If you got time, pull over in SLO on your way north this weekend and buy me that beer you promised ;)
Don

No worries pal.
Enjoy your family.

Just about freaked out and thought you lost your mind @ginmtb with this post about selling your truck
...glad to see that is only partially true:confused: carry on

So this guy bought a rust-free "complete, all original and unmolested Land Cruiser", tore it apart in order to cage it out and do an engine swap, then just left it in pieces and is now selling it. Serenity now! Serenity now!!!!!!

I went and looked at this and was ready to buy but the wife vetoed it... :(. It really is in good shape and as noted everything is tagged and bolts bagged and labeled. The rear sill has been cut out and there is a little rust damage where the horns are but hardly any. Replace the sill and horns and you will be set. A teeny bit of rust on one of the top panels where you can see through but it is a simple fix a couple of welds and done. Gas tank looks like it might need to be replaced with some moderate exterior rust but could be okay. Hard to tell. Really cool dude I'm bummed I couldn't make it happen. Whoever gets this will be a happy buyer I'm certain.

how much are the bell housing and clutch plate cost?

Well, told the wife I will sell my 74 after I finish this one so she succumbed to the pressure... Can't believe I'm doing this... I am now deep in the Cruiser addiction...

I always wanted a '74!
Please start a thread so we can all enjoy the rest of this story.

Congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom