73 cruiser build up (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

19 small parts ready for paint tommorow night :D 4 big az parts by sunday . that will only leave me with my door bottoms and roof top .

there is more small painted parts than i ever realized until this week . i hope to be putting this top back together by next weekend . I i can almost say the body work is DONE!:beer:
media blasting on the doors and the home blasting cabinet are the ticket beats the **** out of sanding all that stuff off.
IMG_0719.JPG
IMG_0717.JPG

LAST PART PAINTED :D

final assembly starting next week cant wait
IMG_0737.JPG
IMG_0729.JPG
IMG_0728.JPG

getting closer ! as it stands now i have the 2 side windows and the lift gate to assemble then all of the body is done except for door seals . i have done a ton of work since this pic
IMG_0764.jpg

just a few more pics. took it down the road with open manifolds and cleaned the dust out of the 350 . i have to adjust the doors and replace the tie rod ends . it was very tuff not being able to downshift to first on the fly :doh:
IMG_0770.jpg
IMG_0775.jpg

IMG_0773.jpg

looks awsome
where did you get new felts and seals for the doors?

i finally got the correct top . first i got a black standard top and it was a little short . over all it is a very nice product but the wait was terrible . i have been workin on this thing since the last meeting .rebuilt the carb , found out on the way home from the meeting the alt would not carry the lights and heater without discharging. replaced alt, added a stereo and replace my ignition tumbler so it matched my gas door and replace my turn signal switch . :rolleyes: i thought i was done :D
IMG_0971.jpg
IMG_0972.jpg
IMG_0973.jpg

well the disc brake conversion from the 76 is complete. i swapped everything from the nuckles out and rebuilt and painted everything ! new calipers and master cylinder . :bounce: the booster works like a dream. it drives and stops so much better .

i also bought 2 mini trucks today and one has a complete power steering set up :bounce: i cant wait to complete that project and shim my front axel and i will be able to drive with ease.

so after looking back on this thread i realized how long i had my power steering parts in the shed . Well i finally got it finished i rebuilt the box had to modify the motor mount and locate all the correct pulleys and brackets for the 350 even though i had everything for the long water pump . gm made so many combinations i had the short water pump and finding the correct belts was a pain . After driving it why did it take me 6 years ,wow time fly's i guess i have been busy driving it !

IMG_20170504_095148189.jpg

IMG_20170504_095155666.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom