73-74 door weatherstripping options... Anyone have a solution? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
image.jpg
image.jpg
74 OEM door weatherstripping is NLA.

63-72 OEM may be available, but I haven't been able to see if it'd work on a 74... What's the difference between a 74 and a 72 door?

CCOT
Had aftermarket that "fits" 63-84... Hard to believe since the doors aren't the same...?

Auveco makes generic weatherstripping which looks like it could seal, with the right one... If positioned right. At $16/door plus shipping, it might be better than 40 year old weatherstripping or CCOT for twice the price (for possibly the same stuff).

I've seen pictures of round generic weatherstripping from autozone, and read about GeoTracker weatherstripping....

But all you guys out there with 73s and 74s what have you done?

Does anyone know if the pre 72 OEM will work?

I used the early ones on my late 74, p/n 68108-60020. I bought them in the USA $37.00.

You have to trim the seal around the latch and the seal is too long but put the joint on the bottom, you cannot see it.
It fits the contour and the corners very well, as with all new seals you have to slam a little harder initially.

image.jpg

That Seems reasonable enough... Where'd you find them for $37?
Did they ship to you in Canada or did you have to use creative methods to get them?

Do you have any more pictures? They sure don't look like my OEM ones... But who cares.

A cross section and a picture of the area where the window meets the top of the door would be great if anyone has got them.

It was 2-3 years ago. I got them from Rusty Wallace Toyota. I ordered lots of parts from them. Their prices were at least 30 percent cheaper even after shipping than the local stealership!

I believe the American dealerships are not allowed to ship to Canada anymore, thanks Mr. Toyota :-(

They are pre 74, the big difference is where the window frame meets the door on the rear. That whole "triangle like" area on the 74 was all seal. These seals are not like that in that area. They are the same cross section all the way. The only thing you have to make sure of is the seal is positioned properly on the door in that area.

It seals very well, these are about the best options for OEM quality and fit, I searched.

Thanks, I'll have to see if I can find a source for it that'll ship to Canada... I'll try the local stealership, but they'll likely want $135 a side.

Anyone try late model seals on the 73-74 doors?

Pete

Looks like Cruiser Corps is one source. Found some online for $40, but the ones I've tried so far don't ship to Canada... At least direct.

Unfortunately the real original weatherstrip for 73/74 is long gone. The original piece was custom formed for the exact shape of the door. Primarily at the corners and the area wherer the hardtop meets the tub and door does its little flare. At that point the rubber filled the entire space. Everything you buy now, even from Toyota is a generic one size fits all strip of weatherstrip. What you have at the top there looks plenty usable.

I'll be coveting my new in 1996 Toyota strip as long as I can, they were original style replacements, about 80 bucks a door back then. But really, I think any decent generic strip will work if it is thick enough.

I built a tractor cab a couple of years ago. I used a company called Trim-lok. They only sell in bulk rolls, but for me it worked well. I used some of their self sticking seal, similar to the shape of the rubber I was replacing. So far it has stuck very good and seals pretty decent for a repurposed cab. The bulk worked for me because I had two doors, the rear hatch/window and the fender to cab interfaces to seal up. In the end it took most of a roll. I also ordered a whole roll of locking window weatherstrip from them, that took even more by the time you go around every window in a tractor cab.

Bump... To answer a question in a different thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom