SOLD 72 FJ40 roller project Truckee/Tahoe CA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
For sale 1972 Toyota Land cruiser FJ40 project or for parts in Truckee CA

Clean CA title and plates in hand, currently on non-op, no back fees due, no smog in CA needed pre 75.

Has the original VIN plate on the door jamb and matching stamped VIN on the frame, but fender VIN plate is missing.
Only two matching vins are needed to be considered legal so this is good to go.

This was a project I picked up years ago and haven't really touched since.
Tub and chassis are decent and usable condition as can be seen in the pictures, little spots of rust here and there, lots of parts missing. Best for a smog to pre smog xxx swap or crawler/custom project. I was going to stretch the tub and put it on a shortened locked 80 chassis with an LQ4, nv4500 and 4:1 split case.
Chassis, engine and trans/xfr are all sold due to no time for this big of a project at this time.

Currently has a GM goodwrench 305 or 350, I was told it was a good runner when I bought it but I've never seen it. Turbo 350 transmission hooked to a stock transfer case.
Engine and transmission are not properly mounted. Needs to be removed and gone through and mounted properly to be used

Stock drum brake axles and leaf springs.
Windshield frame w/wiper motor and cracked glass.
Nonstock steering column and wheel, no gauges, no wiring, no seats, no top, no doors, no tailgate.

Engine has been tightly covered by a tarp and under the hood as long as I've had it. Have shorty center dump headers for it as well.
It also has a homemade Saginaw power steering box conversion.

What you see is what you get.

Please pm or post any questions or requests for photos, no trades local cash sale only, will need to be trailered, I cannot deliver.

$3000

PXL_20220527_000414056.jpg

PXL_20220527_000324353.jpg

PXL_20220527_000331790.jpg

PXL_20220527_000402538.jpg

PXL_20220527_000311981.jpg

Rubicon Runner I bet, wish the hood was there with that patina

Anyone?
Open to partial trades I guess of:
- 17" 6 lug wheels with good 285s, 5 preferred.
- set of 4-5 good 16" 285s
- aftermarket 80 front or rear bumpers, roof rack....

Obviously local pickup/swap. No shipping.

Last edited:
For sale 1972 Toyota Land cruiser FJ40 project or for parts in Truckee CA

Clean CA title and plates in hand, currently on non-op, no back fees due, no smog in CA needed pre 75.

Has the original VIN plate on the door jamb and matching stamped VIN on the frame, but fender VIN plate is missing.
Only two matching vins are needed to be considered legal so this is good to go.

This was a project I picked up years ago and haven't really touched since.
Tub and chassis are decent and usable condition as can be seen in the pictures, little spots of rust here and there, lots of parts missing. Best for a smog to pre smog xxx swap or crawler/custom project. I was going to stretch the tub and put it on a shortened locked 80 chassis with an LQ4, nv4500 and 4:1 split case.
Chassis, engine and trans/xfr are all sold due to no time for this big of a project at this time.

Currently has a GM goodwrench 305 or 350, I was told it was a good runner when I bought it but I've never seen it. Turbo 350 transmission hooked to a stock transfer case.
Engine and transmission are not properly mounted. Needs to be removed and gone through and mounted properly to be used

Stock drum brake axles and leaf springs.
Windshield frame w/wiper motor and cracked glass.
Nonstock steering column and wheel, no gauges, no wiring, no seats, no top, no doors, no tailgate.

Engine has been tightly covered by a tarp and under the hood as long as I've had it. Have shorty center dump headers for it as well.
It also has a homemade Saginaw power steering box conversion.

What you see is what you get.

Please pm or post any questions or requests for photos, no trades local cash sale only, will need to be trailered, I cannot deliver.

$3000

View attachment 3028052

View attachment 3028057

View attachment 3028058

View attachment 3028062

View attachment 3028063
Still available?

Yes it is.

Only issue is I am on a little road trip, and I won't be back till the end of August.

I do have a local friend in Truckee (and prestigious Ih8mud member) who has access to it while I'm gone.
He can handle the sale, except for the title, which would have to wait till I'm back.

The truck, new plates and non op paperwork are all accessible to him, unfortunately I have the title ready to go but not accessible by him.

Yes it is.

Only issue is I am on a little road trip, and I won't be back till the end of August.

I do have a local friend in Truckee (and prestigious Ih8mud member) who has access to it while I'm gone.
He can handle the sale, except for the title, which would have to wait till I'm back.

The truck, new plates and non op paperwork are all accessible to him, unfortunately I have the title ready to go but not accessible by him.
That works out I’ll be in Vegas Labor Day weekend so I can head up and pick it up.

Yes it is.

Only issue is I am on a little road trip, I won't be back till the end of August.

That works out I’ll be in Vegas Labor Day weekend so I can head up and pick it up.
Yikes, that's a long drive

Yes it is.

Only issue is I am on a little road trip, I won't be back till the end of August.

Yikes, that's a long drive
Yea but we’ll already be somewhat in your area. Closer than driving from phx

I am in Truckee til Tue would not mind taking a look at it

Ok someone come grab this.

I am going to swap the fenders out for the ones on my daily driver as these are in nicer shape and I'm going to redo my daily driver,
they are straight but have rust coming through at the usual spots of the front turn signal bracket and the main support bracket.

Price lowered to $2222

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom