‘71 Carpet or Aussie Mat Options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GRM

Finding new adventures in old jalopies.
Threads
I’m starting to wonder if the only carpet or vinyl option for my ‘71 FJ40 is something Custom.

Some details about my truck:
Interior is stock, except for buckets on the factory seat frame, and the gas tank is under the truck.

I’d like a carpet kit that looks complete without the gas tank in the cab

The carpet needs to cover the transmission hump

I’d like the carpet to cover the back fenders, under the jump seats

My favorite look is Aussie mats, but I can’t find an option that matches my needs.

Help!

Last edited:
I have a 1970 with a patched floor and looked at a few options to cover it up until I can get a new 3/4 tub. After watching the Milo-2 videos on youtube I was really interested in a Tru-Fit mat from Australia. I am more inclined to plastic floors over carpet. I emailed them and figured out how to get it. Was ready to pull the trigger. They even said "Yes we do have this model available and the only cut out that we do for the early model is the fuel tank that comes out from underneath the driver’s seat. If you have removed the tank then let us know and we will make it so it covers straight across." I think that would solve your tank issue. It looks like it would take some cutting. Not sure if they do anything for the rear of the truck, I liked the mat CCOT used to sell with the molded ribs (perfect if I go Aqualu) but they were NLA last I checked.

The reason I did not order is that I am told our trans humps are smaller than other later model vehicles. SOR is a reasonable option with their Tuff Tread liners and you can see they break out our model years with a different liner. I just dont think I want any more diamond plate on my 40 after the PO put shiny aluminum on the corners (to cover rust.)

Does anyone know if the trans covers are that much of a difference between pre and post 9/72 that it matters or do the pre-78 mats fit fine?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom