7/9/11 lime creek -benson cabin (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I wanted to go on this run last year but it was during elk season. I don't think anyone ended up going on this anyhow. Well I am planning on going up on friday to camp and hit the trail and camp on saturday night as well. Just wanted to get this started to see if anyone is interested or not.

Interested, just don't know for sure yet. Probably won't camp out, just early depart.

Camping is tempting. I'll have to get a little closer to lock in plans, but I might be up for that.

Corpolite said:
Also interested--haven't gotten out much yet this year...

I was wondering what the heck happened to ya ;)

I wanted to take my cruiser, but the damn POR15 tank sealer i put in the gas tank decided to bubble up and spring a huge leak... that was fun. My cost me way too much for a new one. Might be bringing the heep and the family instead.

I was wondering what the heck happened to ya ;)

I wanted to take my cruiser, but the **** POR15 tank sealer i put in the gas tank decided to bubble up and spring a huge leak... that was fun. My cost me way too much for a new one. Might be bringing the heep and the family instead.

That would bee cool--we finally got the dog we've been working on & I want to try him out on the trails & have him meet Woody
0603111653a.jpg

Damn i want to go but im on call this weekend.

Cool dog, he looks very happpppyyyyy!

So who is all in for the trip? Calendar says meet at 7:00 / leave at 7:30, west meeting point (Western gas station in Woodland park).

I had a few people that were going to go out Friday night, but they decided it was too far to drive. I'm most likely going to leave Friday night with the wife and daughter and camp overnight. Matt, I'll give you a call today, if anyone else wants to go, get in touch with me.

i am going friday afternoon, if yoiu know a good camp spot it would be helpful. If not I was going to try to camp somewhere by benson cabin trail. I saw on trail dammage there might be a good spot to camp there.

Looks like it's just you and I Matt. Camping by the cabins sounds great. Looks like it's right at the start of the trailhead. We'll be leaving Friday night after work, so won't be in until late Friday night.

I'm in for saturday. should I just meet you up off of I-70 somewhere? What time? I have a wedding to be at Sat night in Denver so I might drop the wife and baby off at her parents in the morning... unless someone else needs a caravan partner from the springs.

Have fun. I'll be fishing/canoeing at N. Cat. This was a late decision Luke or I would have tried to hook up with you and the canoe.

By the looks of it, you take I-70 to exit 190, going west, turn left off exit 190 ( i assume you'll be heading south) follow signs to shrine pass. Take shrine pass 6.6 miles until you get to the old cabins. We're camping there unless something goes wrong. I will have CB on channel 4, and my phone. I would meet everyone at the highway exit, but i don't know what time.

Here are a few pics. We had a great time. It is so beautiful and green. We had rain both night a couple of times but it cleared up. We could not make it all the way on benson cabin or lime creek because of the snow. We also picked up 2 jeeps besides luke's and a landrover. The family and I had a blast.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom