64 fj40 gas tank (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone! So I got the bug and last weekend I purchased a 64 fj40. I know, I know it's maybe not the ideal platform, but I figured it was worth the effort to try to get it going.
I have LOTS of issues to address, but first thing is to get it running. To that end I am looking for a gas tank that will fit this 64 model. (measurements are: Front=22", Side=22.5", Back=29.5", overall it is about 10" deep and the side height is 7.5"). I wouldn't mind getting a new poly tank, but so far have not found anyone that sells it (if anyone knows where these can be purchased, please advise). I would also take a used on in decent shape if anyone has one they would like to part with. I am in San Diego and a 'close' pickup would be ideal.

BTW - great site full of lots of useful information and participants. Also next on the list is a brake upgrade, but I will start another thread for that one.

I have the new nylon 22 gallon rear fuel cells that mount behind the rear differential, they are laboratory tested stronger than steel tanks, lemme know if you have any interest in that

Thanks Downey, I am definitely interested, especially if I cannot find a replacement for my old rusted one. Can I get some specifics on what you have including price, etc.

Thanks Downey, I am definitely interested, especially if I cannot find a replacement for my old rusted one. Can I get some specifics on what you have including price, etc.

I would try posting a ad in the classified section. Think your year range is 64-67 but up to 70 should be pretty easy to adapt. 72 and some 71 have more emission ports. Again with more ports the 73-78 tank can made to work except it's two gallons smaller. Would be easier to cross reference if Toyota didn't delete anything pre 3/69 from the parts system many years ago.

You can check out my tank at ebay #264033688625, BUT Mud guys do not have to buy on ebay, I merely send you a PayPal invoice.

Thanks for the info on the tank. It is a very viable option, but cuts into my axle budget so I am going to hold off for a day or two to see what develops. Again thanks for all the info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom