'63 chevys or OME for Rear on 33s? (1 Viewer)

Literally quoting my own post...
So.... is the simplest, best-of-both worlds setup: OME springs, HDPE/teflon sliders and longer center pins?
... because I'm really wondering - is this a legit upgrade? I know some springs come with Teflon/plastic slider pads and some don't. But is adding them to leaf packs a thing? Anyone done this?

ntsqd

technerd
The OME's under my 4rnnr have tip sliders on some of the leaves, but not all of them. I have seen a post somewhere that linked tip sliders, so presumably someone, somewhere is adding them to springs that lack them. I contend that if you're going to go to that much trouble (those that I saw needed holes drilled in the leaf tips) that you should also make up the shim spacers to go at the center bolt.

I had 63's on my old Tacoma xtracab. Was such a nice ride on/off road and could carry heavy loads with little sag. Off road it flexed better than stock of course. I though about it for my 4Runner but just went with OME. The length is a bit long and for what I need at the moment it's not something I'll do just yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom