60s on Film (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

20201213_140804.jpg

Was shopping at Eddie Bauer for some flannels, I think they got their advertising spot on.

@Fieldtester96 looks like some nice rust in the drip channel. At least they didn't use a pristine 60 for the ad.

@Fieldtester96 looks like some nice rust in the drip channel. At least they didn't use a pristine 60 for the ad.
Yeah, i honestly felt significantly better about shopping there since they nailed the 60 series so well. Though im surprised it still has its chrome gutter trim.

That looks like that bridge along Big Sur, I guess the rust is from the salt air.

Big_Sur_bridge%2C_Monterey_County.jpg

Last edited:
That looks like that bridge along Big Sur, I guess the rust is from the salt air.

Big_Sur_bridge%2C_Monterey_County.jpg

Damn near died on that road many years back! It is a dangerously beautiful drive but I wasn't keeping my eye on the road!

Saw this one today in Season 2, Ep-3 of “Fortitude” on Amazon. Artic 62, I literally freaked when I realized what it was!!!

Evidently the show was filmed in 2014-2015 in Iceland. The environment is absolutely beautiful there. One of the special extra videos showed filming on scene and said it was similar to Walter Mitty but with a LOT more snow.

8A5A1019-78A6-43C7-8382-8285337297BC.jpeg

I was watching an old series called Longmmire (Season 5 episode 9) which has a 62 in several shots - the longest shot showed the "bad guy" jumping in his 62 and drove off. It was a really nice 62.

A great song with a awesome meaning, and a super cool 40 series!

Last edited:
Upcoming mini-series on FX with Jeff Bridges features a FJ62
The
Old
Man

Dang, this old LC definitely suits this man. Even a 40 series in there two….. somebody on set is a cruiser head.

The OLD GUY on FX has Jeff Bridges smashing his FJ62 into another car. Later on in the show there is an FJ40...in the Middle East desert someplace. Looks more like California...

The Chris Pratt (Amazon show) also shows him smashing his FJ62.

What gives...smashing these rigs because there worthless? (NOT).

Last edited:
The OLD GUY on FX has Jeff Bridges smashing his FJ62 into another car. Later on in the show there is an FJ40...in the Middle East desert someplace. Look more like California...

The Chris Pratt Amazon show also shows him smashing his FJ62.

What gives...smashing these rigs because there worthless? (NOT).

That’s sad.

Funny story, I was running some errands today with my Dad and my 2 German Shepard dogs. We get home, start unloading the 62 and this guy came, he walked by the house and was like “beautiful dogs” he continues to walk by, then turns around and says to my Dad and I that our dogs reminded him of the 2 dogs in a show called “The Old Man” he continues to talk about how the dogs is the show are cute and so similar to the way my dogs act…. Even though Rottweiler and German Shepard’s are not that similar, he then goes on to say I would really like the movie, and I was like yea, I have heard of it….. I was laughing to myself that this guy didn’t make the connection between my decently equipped 62 series and the one in The Old Man

6E812512-3338-46DB-9193-38033E504E40.jpeg

9CBEA750-97C5-4E3E-8BEE-DC860D0BC737.jpeg

That’s crazy. 70 series extremely rare where I live…. Like seriously, I would own a 70 series if I could find one.

Coming across this thread jogged my memory.

There is a counter-terrorism thriller called Traitor from the late 2000s that features a 60 in the opening scenes. Appears to be a euro-spec based on the mirrors and gold ‘G’ emblem on the rear part of the fender by the door. Potentially a diesel? Doesn’t have fender vents like all gassers do.

Can someone correct me? My understanding is only gas 60’s have fender vents.
Do all gas vehicles have vents, or can a vehicle without vents still be gas-powered?

A2D388B0-8595-4D24-8434-A1583C33AA90.jpeg
729884B9-CF28-4EB1-AE15-0940B5BEE5B6.jpeg
B9523CCF-5FAE-4CD4-8D0D-F51E2CBAEC65.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom