60 series....Tech and Classifieds (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How about an upgrade to brakes with 4Runner components? calipers, brake pads, backing plate eliminators? I am working with pretty vague info so trying to figure out exactly what this guy is talking about. First cruiser for this dude so working through some stuff.

Mud says that is an upgrade. Yes they are larger but even with my 16” City Racer wheels I had to grind the 4Runner calipers a lot and run 1/8” slip on spacers.

Georg sells the backing plate eliminator and the stainless hoses. I would just get Georg to send you the good reman loaded calipers he has.

60 rear drums are excellent but you may have to rebuild them. Most are ignored and they make a huge difference stopping a 60.

Just wondering if i can get some thoughts from the braintrust. I seem to have a vibration at high speeds in the 60. Shifting from 4th to 5th when you press in the clutch the truck shakes and goes away once you release the clutch and get back on throttle. It shakes at 2,500 rpm so around 70ish mph or so, and also when you coast foot off accelerator in 5th.

-Clutch pedal seems to be correctly adjusted, no sloppy play in the pedal
-threw ujoints at it from cruiser outfitters
-Output shaft and diff flange are both at 4*
-T case was rebuilt by classic cruisers and is the only shiny thing under the truck
-no dents in the drive shaft
-slip joint properly greased
-according to the hood wheel shop next door to three 6 hybrids, tires are balanced and have proper weights
-springs are OME 2 inch leafs with the full pack. I cant imagine axle wrap is throwing the diff out of line THAT much. I had softer springs on my 4runner with no trac bar and it did 85 no problem with no vibrations.

Any thoughts?

Are you 100% sure your driveline is in phase? Hard to tell unless it’s sitting on a table. You could be one spline off
I’m not 100% sure. Are the splines keyed, or is there any markings to show the phase? Or do you just line up the u joint yokes

welp. Looks like this isnt lined up quite right. It also seems like the PO (well. The local shop that last worked on this thing) also had it 180 out of phase. I had to rotate the lower part of the shaft 180 to get the grease zerks to line up at the proper 11 o’clock 12 o’clock and 1 o’clock locations.

A922C94A-64C8-4277-B46E-DF8544649FBF.jpeg

Last edited:
That’s still not lined up right in the picture but maybe you know that.

This will fix you.

Yeah i got a little too excited to take an after photo, but that was the before photo. Pretty much fixed all of my vibrations at high speeds of shifting from 4th to 5th and from 5th to 4th. Still getting a little bit of vibrations at 2,500 rpm in 5th gear though. Its MUUUCH better than before though. 2,500 RPM for me in 5th is usually right at 74 mph. Id say just messing with the drive shaft fixed like 90% of the vibration though

Anyone have any intel on what a good asking price would be for a mint fj60 oem front bumper with the end caps? Looking to possibly list mine up for sale soon.

They still sell them new so 1/2 to 2/3 price of new

oh I gotcha. That makes pricing pretty easy. Need to get a winch on this thing. Surprised no one has a weld together kit for a front bumper out there. If 4plus would sell the unwelded bumper that would be ideal. Probably just going to have to buy new

oh I gotcha. That makes pricing pretty easy. Need to get a winch on this thing. Surprised no one has a weld together kit for a front bumper out there. If 4plus would sell the unwelded bumper that would be ideal. Probably just going to have to buy new
He would not trust you not to **** up his bumper

He would not trust you not to f*** up his bumper

a guy who used to live in Memphis pretty much copied the design and built one himself. I’m kind of tempted to just make it myself. My only limiting factor is cutting the fair lead hole and drilling holes in 1/4 steel. The welding is a non issue

Save a few extra pennies and buy it correctly from a hard working vendor.

Dave from 4plus seems pretty receptive to sending me a DIY kit. Hes getting pricing from his vendors since steel prices are all out of whack from rona and going to get back to me. Think this might be the best route for me so i can get a good welding project out of it, and add some things to it while i weld it up. Might as well put those welding classes to use

I'm pretty lazy and not the smartest web wheeler but plug and play is always easy money in the long run.

Out for a casual stroll in @Blanco Cruiser ’s 60. Not even breaking a sweat...
50F4C4CD-A78F-4AD3-9A31-897A6B5DC68B.png

has anyone here added the extra OME leaf to their leaf pack? My front sagged a bit after the bumper and winch and sliders and I was looking at this extra leaf. I (think) i have medium duty springs on there now. The only visible code is 3j15 next to the military wrap on the front leaf. On Cruiser outfitters site its saying if i add D1XL (single leaf) it will increase the weight rating to a heavy spring. Has anyone tried this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom