Registry 60-series Registry (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Kansas cruiser

1. 84 fj60
2. ome2" lift Just getting started on replacement 2f with all the good stuff This site has given me the extra motivation I need to get going. Some really great 60's out there.This is our back country camping and flyfishing rig,soon to be our Moab rig.I'm the only one in my circle of friends that has a 60.Used to have fj40 envy but not anymore,it was a great decision to buy a 60.
121212-R1-19-20A_020.jpg
Picture 089.jpg
Water crossing-1.jpg

Last edited:
My newest fj

'84 fj60, nordic blue
Jeff + Renee
No name
223,507 and counting
No mods (that's why we bought it!!):)
Used mostly as family transportation to go anywhere.

Hi

New member from Norway, just wanted to post my rig up on this great forum!

HJ 60 (1982 engine, frame and power train, 1987 body)
24volt system (could here)
5 speed
roof rack
OME 2" suspension lift
Fitted with Nissan Patrol turbo
PTO winch
Danita CB
Garmin 60CS and laptop with N-route comming
Lots left to do

In Norway we were fortunate with the 60 series, Toyota imported HJ's only (bouth 60 and 61) As far as I know, there is only one FJ in Norway. (on the other hand, only light duty 70-series ever made it here)

nice cruiser :D post some more pictures :grinpimp:

1. 1984 FJ60
2. Paul and Andrea
3. Blue Bandit
4. 187,XXX and counting
5. Stock (rebuild front end and working on installing new clutch) Body work to come next. new (used) body panels, cut and remove rust, and repaint stock 861 blue!
6. Pimping and hopefully a capable trail rig (oneday)
Interested in how I came to own this beauty? Than clink here: https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=124873
7. Photo:

05159a27.jpg

abf75ea8.jpg

05159a27-1.jpg

Last edited:
1985 FJ60 from Charlie. 260,000 miles on the OD. Just picked this well-seasoned rig up and there are no mods. As soon as I get the 2F head buttoned back down it will be used to launch a cataraft from rock/cobble river bars, fishing, hunting, camping, and to impress women (I hear they respond well to TLC!)
FJ60_200703.jpg

finally figured out how to resize so i can post some pics:

1. 83bj60
2.cody chatfield
3. Brown Beast, chuck wagon
4.400,000km's
5.Merkur turbo, soa aussie locker, bumpers+winch, 35" mtr.s, yakima rack, etc.
6. muck chucker
IMG_1420.jpg
IMG_0397.jpg

tlcruzr. that's a really nice pic!!! and a really cool rig too.

really clean body!! how do you do with the salt and the rust since you live in Hawaii and I asume that like every island there's a lot of salt in the air. I spend a lot of time in the beach because I surf and was wodering about hoy do you mantein that clean body

:cheers:

some one sell me a fixer bj60/70 close to portland oregon got one call me tony at 503-708-8639

1. '85 FJ62V
2. Edward&Codruta
3. -
4.187.000 km
5. stock
6. :mad: not using it for the moment

3F engine, AT transmission, 4.11 stock - weird combination of FJ60 and FJ62, I found some of them in Japan. looking for his sisters... anyone with this combination?

toy_side_135.jpg

HJ61
1. '87 HJ61
2. idem
3. -
4. 322.234 km
5. 31" MT tires, FF rear, factory LSD
6. DD, camping, etc
file.php

Last edited:
1. 1988 FJ62
2. Kevin
3. Name of vehicle Bruiser
4. 152000 Miles
5. ironman lift, 33x10.5 bfg' AT's , tint, h4 conversion w/ upgraded harness, B&M tranny cooler, 4 runner calipers, Exhaust
6. Weekend Rig. to explore the great outdoors
237456676_79a79c17bb.jpg

Last edited:
I've been having tranny problems with my automatic 88 fj62. Dont like it and would like to convert to a 5 speed but don't know where to start. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

1. Year + model: 1982 FJ60
2. Name of owner: Chuck
3. Name of vehicle: Cool-in-82', or Gary
4. Odometer mileage: 85500, rebuilt at 75K
5. Modifications: 4" OME Lift, ARB Bull Bar, 9k lb
Warn, TPI Side/Nerf Combo (not in
pic), Safari Snorkel, ARB Rear Locker,
5 speed trans., more to come soon...
6. How you use the truck: Daily Driver built for fun
7. A single photo –
Gary, Cool in 82.jpg

:beer: I just wanted to add some of my future plans: INTI Roof Rack, Rear bumper (can't figure out which one I want), Front ARB locker, 44 gal tank after the spare tire gets relocated to the roof rack or rear bumper.
Gary, Cool in 82.jpg

1. Year + model: 1982 FJ60
2. Name of owner: Chuck
3. Name of vehicle: Cool-in-82', or Gary
4. Odometer mileage: 85500, rebuilt at 75K
5. Modifications: 4" OME Lift, ARB Bull Bar, 9k lb
Warn, TPI Side/Nerf Combo (not in
pic), Safari Snorkel, ARB Rear Locker,
5 speed trans., more to come soon...
6. How you use the truck: Daily Driver built for fun
7. A single photo –
View attachment 120424

:beer: I just wanted to add some of my future plans: INTI Roof Rack, Rear bumper (can't figure out which one I want), Front ARB locker, 44 gal tank after the spare tire gets relocated to the roof rack or rear bumper.

Thats one clean looking ride:beer:

I can't wait. I'm getting mine back fromthe shop today (new engine) and am supposed to get my OME lift and ARB Brush bars on this week.

:bounce:

Thank you

Thank you. Growing up in the 50’s in rural Southern California, I fell in love with dirt road driving. Back then we did it in 2 wheeled, old pick-ups. No one had a Jeep except my cousin. Learned a lot about not getting stuck and how to get out when we did.
Then off to school and work. Had ‘68 Bronco for 3 years and wheeled some but marriage and career put wheeling on 2nd page. Dual sport motorcycles took up some of the slack. Then with 3 boys all out of house & doing well & life settling down, an ’83 FJ60 became mine. Bought it at night! Loved it at first sight. Silly me! In daylight, found restoration needed mechanically, inside some and also on the body (rust). Work completed enough to be every day driver. Solid and fun off-road. The FJ & I went to Durango/Silverton and back safely without incident. This is indeed a tractor of a puller. I trusted it completely and was rewarded with a great vacation. Drove it slow and honored its instincts to bring be back. It did.

Then, I fell in love! My cousin (see Jeep above) bought a Rubican and I drove it. It could wheel and still be very forgiving and comfortable on the ride there. Being a Toyota fan, I noticed the FJ Cruiser was coming out. Checked it out and it fit. Fit me better than the jeep. Have manual 6 sp version and am still learning what it can do. Like the FJ 60, it has yet to be stuck nor even turned around. Mostly have used the FJ 60 in the past year as the vehicle to take kayak to beach and back; which it does ………… but it also does ache for off road adventures; so I am in the process of selling, with regrets, the 60.

Looking forward to Calico.

Sincerely,

Bob Phinney

Thats one clean looking ride:beer:

I can't wait. I'm getting mine back fromthe shop today (new engine) and am supposed to get my OME lift and ARB Brush bars on this week.

:bounce:

:cheers: Thanks! I really appreciate that. The pic came out a little fuzzy. Do you have pics posted of your rig? Peace!:beer:

Chuck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom