Registry 60-series Registry (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@BHhillteq which drone are you flying?
It's just a little DJI Spark! I really wanted a Mavic, but I was a newbie. Thought it would be a good idea to get the hang of flying them with a smaller, less expensive one before I jumped up to a bigger one.

1987 6153A (wagon), Carol Shiels, Old Girl, 329967, 5 speed transmission, ranch use,

87Landcruiser1.jpg

I’m Jay Salinsky. Got SUPER lucky and found this gorgeous jewel ‘89 HJ61 just imported from Japan.
Has about 280,000 km (180,000 miles)
Haven’t named her yet- open to suggestions. (I usually give my vehicles obvious names based on color or function - so she’ll probably end up with a name like grey/gold something, or Landy)
She has a 2” lift I believe (need to put her on a lift and verify), badass wheels, 24/12 converter, non-stock steering wheel (will prob go back to stock), front rally IPF lights
Otherwise stock 12HT, PTO winch and THE cleanest interior I’ve ever seen. No tears in the seat, no dust under the dash! Truly a very pretty girl
Will update if I do any tasteful improvements
upload_2018-9-22_6-17-6.png

Hey fl registry,
May have a charging prob. Just put new batteries in but I’m slowing watching the volts drop (while running) from 28...27...26... now I’m scared to go anywhere for fear won’t turn over. Pretty sure it’s the alternator, but the alt literally looks clean, like it’s recently been dealt with/removed/cleaned etc. I have a volt meter and I’ve been educating myself little by little to check stuff but you can’t learn this stuff overnight. so...I need a cruiser mechanic that knows 24volt vehicles, that can troubleshoot elec/charging issue. Any suggestions? Tampa area. Thanks in advance.
Also suggestions from where to buy 24 volt alternator or alt parts

Congrats on an awesome rig. How's that Bowfin rack? any wind noise or rattles on the highway?

Thanks! No wind noise or rattles. I love the Bowfin racks. I have one on my 80 as well. Replaced a Gobi with it. High quality and Pat is a true cruiser head and a great dude.

1. 1986 FJ60
2. Tom Walterhouse
3. Name = "The 60" (boring I know, but that's what it is)
4. 134k miles
5. OME lift, ARB front bumper, 4x4 Labs rear bumper, 33" BFG AT's, 9k# Superwinch
6. Use = Just on the street on sunny days
View attachment 1806761
that's one HECK of a nice looking 60! do you know how long ago it was repainted, if at all?

that's one HECK of a nice looking 60! do you know how long ago it was repainted, if at all?

Thanks
One repaint a long time ago, I've had it 4 years, the guy before had it I think 10 years and the repaint was before him. It had a few small bubbles around the rear wheel wells repaired that I had new metal put in and just repaint that area just up to the belt line and behind the rear wheels. It was always a southern Cruiser and a few years in Colorado so not typical of what you would see if drove in the winter in Indiana, which is where I am. It is super solid drives fantastic, interior is just as cherry but I want to replace the dash yet.

hey guys,
anyone know where I can get a good rebuild kit for an HJ61 brake master/slave cylinder and booster? mine is leaking!
thanks
j

So we picked up this old girl...

1. 1983 FJ60
2. REZARF
3. My son has named this one Goner as in it's on the chop block.
4. 217k miles on the rig.
5. Chevy 350, Eldelbrock Carb, Aluminum Radiator, OME lift, Advance Adapters Torque Converter/Overdrive, Man-A-Fre (LRA) Long Range 38 gallon tank, BFG KO2 285/75-r17's (33x11), Pro Comp 17 wheels, Con-Ferr Roof Rack, Upgraded stereo, custom rust lightening holes.
6. Project truck, hunting rig.
7. Pic...

IMG_0072.JPG

1. 1987 FJ60
2. SMcCabe
3. Wife and daughters call it Blueberry
4. 228k miles
5. OME lift, Man-A-Fre Heavy Duty TR/TREs, BFG MT 255/85-r16's, 16 matte black painted Steelies, ARB Front bumper, original paint, reupholstered seats this summer
6. Project truck, Sunny day driver, and camping.

Untitled 6.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom