5Overland Trailer build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Updated pics. Starting on the wiring this weekend.
IMG_20200213_173025.jpg

IMG_20200212_170621.jpg

IMG_20200212_170605.jpg

IMG_20200212_170557.jpg

Looking good. I opted not to install my water heater. In the last 5 years, I only used it 3 times. I will have a spot for it outside on the back. That's how I run it on my M100. Just hang it off the side and run the hose to my shower tent.
Are you going to build your doors?

More progress. I can see the finish line. Just need to fab the doors and design a lift assist for the roof.

IMG_20200401_085058.jpg

IMG_20200402_184539.jpg

IMG_20200405_173349.jpg

This is the build most closely resembling what I've been daydreaming about doing.
I'm curious about your overall dimensions? It looks like your "bed" is parallel to the axle - is that right?
Also, what kind of paneling did you use inside and out? Thanks!

This is the build most closely resembling what I've been daydreaming about doing.
I'm curious about your overall dimensions? It looks like your "bed" is parallel to the axle - is that right?
Also, what kind of paneling did you use inside and out? Thanks!

Thanks! The overall dims are 6ft wide by about 13ft from hitch to tail. The bottom bed is actually modular. It's almost a king size once connected. The top bunk is about the size of a full. The paneling is aluminum. The core is 1/4 wood with R-tech insullation. The wood is for sound deadening. I also used shiplap on the front and back of the main cabin.

IMG_20200414_184511.jpg

I finally got all the doors welded and started to skin them today. I'm hoping to have them up later this week. After that, I just need to figure out the canopy skirt for the pop up. :cool:

Nice looking build! When you get some miles on those Timbren axle less units let me know how they work please. I am thinking of doing a build on my M416 trailer and would change over to a lighter version of these, I think?? Keep up the good work!

Nice looking build! When you get some miles on those Timbren axle less units let me know how they work please. I am thinking of doing a build on my M416 trailer and would change over to a lighter version of these, I think?? Keep up the good work!
Thinking about doing the same!

does it fit in your garage?

I got one of those boxes too. I wish I would have seen them sooner. Make the outside wiring so much cleaner.

Awesome build... How is your overall weight? It would be very beneficial to get on individual wheel scales to determine current weight distribution. What are you going to use for a trailer brake controller @caslim ?

Awesome build... How is your overall weight? It would be very beneficial to get on individual wheel scales to determine current weight distribution. What are you going to use for a trailer brake controller @caslim ?

I had the trailer weighed before I started skinning it, and it weighed 1300lbs. I'm assuming finished weight will be about 2000lbs fully loaded.

I purchased the redarc tow pro. Should be here next week

I had the trailer weighed before I started skinning it, and it weighed 1300lbs. I'm assuming finished weight will be about 2000lbs fully loaded.

I purchased the redarc tow pro. Should be here next week

GTG... I was leaning towards the REDARC too... A friend just turned me onto the CURT Bluetooth braking system which looks pretty cool too.

Got the bottom bed platform done. Just need the custom mattress made now.
IMG_20200527_200045.jpg

...and these guys came today. Linear Actuators to lift the roof. Now I need to figure out the mounting for them.

IMG_20200528_102839.jpg

Looking good. I'm waiting on my doors to get here so I can skin the sides and work the interior.
Do you have a place to make your mattress? I've been striking out finding someone who makes custom mattresses.
I have a few ideas but something custom made would actually be better. That part is a bit further down on my build so I have time to plan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom