5 day expedition, May or June 2009 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

65swb45

Elder Statesman
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.marksoffroad.net
Calico John and I have started talking about a 5 day expedition-type run, either in late May or early June. Start in Lone Pine and head up into the Inyo Mtns, exploring mines and trails on the way to Cerro Gordo. The rest of the adventure is TBD, but will end up in South Park in the Panamints.

I don't want to be any more specific on the details, because the run is going to be limited to members-only. Just want to get the ball rolling for club members to start thinking about dates that would work for you, Wed thru Sun. We can talk about this more at the next luncheon, as well as the club meeting.

:cheers:

Thought you'd be.;) Randy says he's out because of work situation. We'll see.;)

Hmm, he JUST wrote on an SOA thread that he wants be done with it by June. So uh.... :hmm:

I was reading some cool stuff in an older issue of Overland Journal. It was talking about Cerro Gordo, Lee Flat, Tea Kettle and the road to Lee Flat

Calico John and I have started talking about a 5 day expedition-type run, either in late May or early June. Start in Lone Pine and head up into the Inyo Mtns, exploring mines and trails on the way to Cerro Gordo. The rest of the adventure is TBD, but will end up in South Park in the Panamints.

I don't want to be any more specific on the details, because the run is going to be limited to members-only. Just want to get the ball rolling for club members to start thinking about dates that would work for you, Wed thru Sun. We can talk about this more at the next luncheon, as well as the club meeting.

:cheers:

we could always go threw Darwin and China springs to see the
coy fish then down ti Panimint springs up Remy Naido road the the Minetta cabin then off to Balrat and south park and the Briggs cabin :D

Last edited:
it's funny wait you come across in the desert

pixel_trans.gif

I’m busy the first three weeks of April due to work (traveling to Japan and Canada.) Then I’m putting together the SOA. Parts are being ordered as we speak. I can only do weekend only trips due to limited vacation and sick days. So I will regretfully have to back out of this trip. That being said, I am considering going to Sequoia National Park this weekend and I will be at Pismo dunes camping overnight on Sat April 11th before I go to Canada. All are welcome on my weekend adventures and the Sequoia trip will be mostly a camping / hiking trip with very little or no offroading depending on what opportunities there are in the Sequoia area.

Cool Coy Pond picture John. Wish I could go on such a cool trip.:frown:

Damn I love Sequoia!!!

If you haven't been check out Crystal Cave but do the long tour. This weekend is out for me.

Looks like I can't do Sequoia this weekend. I'm up for a local day trip messin around if anyone wants.

Ok looking to see if I can clear out my Sunday. Can't do Saturday because my son has a track meet.

Ok looking to see if I can clear out my Sunday. Can't do Saturday because my son has a track meet.

Ok, I'm free Sunday. Let me know and we'll go from there.

I’m busy the first three weeks of April due to work (traveling to Japan and Canada.) Then I’m putting together the SOA. Parts are being ordered as we speak. I can only do weekend only trips due to limited vacation and sick days. So I will regretfully have to back out of this trip. That being said, I am considering going to Sequoia National Park this weekend and I will be at Pismo dunes camping overnight on Sat April 11th before I go to Canada. All are welcome on my weekend adventures and the Sequoia trip will be mostly a camping / hiking trip with very little or no offroading depending on what opportunities there are in the Sequoia area.

Cool Coy Pond picture John. Wish I could go on such a cool trip.:frown:

you going to see the robot? :D

Depends where it is... :D

Update: I am NOT going to be at next Tuesday's meeting [my son's final concert at CSUN before he graduates]. Sooooo, you will need to contact me here or at the shop if you are planning to go on this trip.

Have fun, looks like the wagons are taking over the meetings! Dave West will be bringing his SOA 60.

I talked to Mark A earlier this week, My budddy Craig aka 68LC & I would like to meet up with the Trail Crew Friday some time at Panaminit Springs... Dusty

How does that water not evaporate? is there some source that fills it?

it's spring fed. under some big cotton wood trees in the middle of nowhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom