5.7 Supercharged Manual transmisson (batmobile) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
A brief intro to this truck. was originally purchased as a GX.R V6 with a 4.0 engine and manual 5 speed transmission 2010 model, has all the bells and whistles like a sunroof all Auto windows parking sensors center and rear difflocks etc and a high mount spare wheel exactly what I was looking for. I had previously sold my Toyota 2007 FJ. between 2007 and 2010 I owned two FJ cruisers a Manual and an Auto.

The 200 is amazing comfy almost go anywhere in standard trim. however the 1GR engine is too small for that truck, takes forever to accelerate and of course in dune bashing left me always wanting that more power. I always had to make use of the 4x4 system of the truck. Center and Rear Difflocks as well as low gearing in some cases.

My options where to upgrade the 1GR to gain more power or do something stupid.. I decided on stupid got myself a used 3UR 5.7 liter engine to mate to my 5 speed Manual transmission. The 3UR I bought was not the best had compression issues from a bad piston ring. So stripped it put in new JE forged pistons and a brand new supercharger unit from TRD.

Car is putting out with standard boost just over 560HP and crazy amounts of torque I have over 240,000Km and its almost been a daily driver for the past 3 years no complaints or problems with the power unit. Drive train well the standard clutch is good for 650ft/lb of torque?? I say it is bull****. I had 2 sets of of OEM clutches and both went after 2 months of use even when broken in. I then went with a heavy duty clutch from Exedy single plate that lasted about a year and a half with normal and some abuse driving. I currently use an Exedy Twin plate with modified flywheel good for 700hp.

DSC_0375.JPG

DSC_0376.JPG

DSC_0373.JPG

it is kind of funny that you bring that up. I have an 09 LC 5.7L that I have been thinking about putting a supercharger on. Why? just because I can. I am not worried about the bottom end, I am more worried about the transmission because I have 120,000 miles (192,000km). I just see putting one on and then needing a new transmission within 6 months.

clean rig btw, I wish we could get them in a stick here. Or better yet with a diesel

That is awesome. I went from a 2008 LC to a supercharged Range Rover with 508 HP and back to a 2016 LC. I do miss the supercharger (but not the rest of it). I kinda want to put one on my 5.7 also. Nice job.

ptions where to upgrade the 1GR to gain more power or do something stupid.. I decided on stupid got myself a used 3UR 5.7 liter engine to mate to my 5 speed Manual tr

Yes the Diesel is really good and comes with a Manual but not 3UR. I had to modify the flywheel from 8 bolt pattern to 10 bolt.

IMG-20170109-WA0065.jpg

Please make us a video of you ripping it! Your truck is literally 1 in a million!

That's awesome man. So you must be 9-10mpg :)

This happens all the time in GCC. I see a lot of LCs between 2010-2015 upgraded with super chargers or turbos with manual and auto. This sort of thing is the norm over there for LC owners.

Does TRD make a supercharger that will work / fit a 16? Has anyone done it?

I realize it's the same engine since '08 and the same one in Tundras and all that. Just know some of the kits list specific model years and haven't seen anything for a 16 yet.

Actually this was the first conversion of Manual mated to a 5.7 in the UAE, I have only head of only one other person who has also done this but has his own gearbox problems so we kind of sharing some info with each other to fix some issues.

As for a Video alright let this new clutch settle in I will get up one or two dunes and maybe a video from the inside as well see what happened to the first heavy duty exedy clutch. the purple one is the twin plat just has 200km on. cant wait to floor it.

IMG-20170109-WA0046.jpg

IMG-20170109-WA0047.jpg

IMG-20170109-WA0036.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom