4th Annual Chicago Toyota Jamboree (CTJ) in Illinois, July 23, 24, 25. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Severe thunderstorm watch 'till 9PM. Setting up to be a repeat of last year! :D

Edit: Now a flood watch too! This should be fun! :D

Last edited:
I know, and if you watch the radar there is a big ugly storm rolling down the I-80 corridor that will likely be at the cliffs arround 8, right when i was hoping to arrive and start setting up camp.

Good times.:rolleyes:

Waiting for the stockers to get through s***ty conditions got us left stuck broken and off the trail in the dark by everybody except Bill and Tony. Big thanks to Jimmy and Tom who came back for us.

The best part was seeing the guy who bitched the loudest about trail leaders leaving the group during the last event loaded up and leaving before we even got all the rigs off the trail. If you in such a hurry to leave why were you insisting we went out again?

Good times.:rolleyes:

Waiting for the stockers to get through s***ty conditions got us left stuck broken and off the trail in the dark by everybody except Bill and Tony. Big thanks to Jimmy and Tom who came back for us.

The best part was seeing the guy who bitched the loudest about trail leaders leaving the group during the last event loaded up and leaving before we even got all the rigs off the trail. If you in such a hurry to leave why were you insisting we went out again?

I had no headlights and was pretty much needing to stay right up behind Tom in order to see the trail. Then when he ran out of Propane, I was following the Jeep XJ ute thingey. Without a CB I did not know you guys were in trouble. I apologize if you wishing for my assistance and I didn't provide it. And I wanted to go out again because I'd never been on a night run and had spent the first half of the day broken. It's difficult for me to get away from work so I was trying to make the most of the day. With the way that 80 had standing water and lane closures- I should have just stayed over. It was after 2:00 till I got home.

Sorry I missed it, lost my sister to cancer the Monday before so it was a pretty s*ity week. Looking at the weather reports from down here it looked like a good place to bring a boat not a cruiser. Maybe I can finaly make it to the Cliffs next year.

Mark

Sorry I missed it, lost my sister to cancer the Monday before so it was a pretty s*ity week. Looking at the weather reports from down here it looked like a good place to bring a boat not a cruiser. Maybe I can finaly make it to the Cliffs next year.

Mark

Sorry to hear that.

We didnt get as much rain as north of i80, but it was pretty awful between the rain and heat. Its amazing how we can find fun in the nastiest conditions! I cant wait til Hodown!

Sorry to hear about your sister, our condolences to you and your family.

Hope you will be able to make the Hoedown.

Mark, we're so sorry for your loss :frown:

Its been a rough few weeks but life must go on. Thanks for the condolences.

I will be at the Hoedown, but can't get that Friday off so I will drive up after work.

Mark

Wow, Mark.....very sorry to hear of your sister.

I won't tell you about all the fun you missed, but hope you can make it for the Ho-down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom