4Skinner Re-power (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A wave or a :flipoff2:

LOL, yeah something like that!!!:hillbilly: I'm gonna try and get some real time off here in a month, so lets plan drink-up and some wrenching. Longs should be in by that time so i should get the front end done along with a trans x-member. s*** maybe even a turbo and exhaust install...

I've got a couple, not sure what they are or if they're complete,(kinda remember there being some sorta issue, missing spring or something)

but you might be able to mix and match?.

think they're those older ones that are the same as aisin, just different names...asco or something?

you'll be in 2wd for a while anyways won't ya? :lol:

ya... front 2 wd... :steer::hillbilly:

I'll give you a shout once I know when I'm heading up there next...

yeah, no worries. hopefully the part you broke isn't the one I'm missing...:lol:

you need a rear shaft still? I have to go cherry pick my dshaft pile, noticed the ujoint on my front is gone, but I have a couple other fronts you should be able to cut down. unless you're using your old one...

and bear in mind, when you swap to the 3b, the tcase flanges will be different...:lol:

Cruisers drive awsome in front wheel drive!

LOL, yeah something like that!!!:hillbilly: I'm gonna try and get some real time off here in a month, so lets plan drink-up and some wrenching. Longs should be in by that time so i should get the front end done along with a trans x-member. s*** maybe even a turbo and exhaust install...

Hmmm, maybe me Abel and Terry Darryled should head down for a day or 2...

you need a rear shaft still? I have to go cherry pick my dshaft pile, noticed the ujoint on my front is gone, but I have a couple other fronts you should be able to cut down. unless you're using your old one...

and bear in mind, when you swap to the 3b, the tcase flanges will be different...:lol:

I have a couple shafts around too if Ryan doesn't have something that fits.

Cruisers drive awsome in front wheel drive!

Hmmm, maybe me Abel and Terry Darryled should head down for a day or 2...

That'd be awesome! But only bring Terry with you if he's back on the sauce, I know he's been walking a straight line for a while and if he is leave him at home cause he's not creative enough! Lol...

That'd be awesome! But only bring Terry with you if he's back on the sauce, I know he's been walking a straight line for a while and if he is leave him at home cause he's not creative enough! Lol...

I'll see but he did well on Stalkers junk. He is walking the line, he did a bang up job of the new trail too. We can get all Darryled up and let him work though...:hmm:

I'll see but he did well on Stalkers junk. He is walking the line, he did a bang up job of the new trail too. We can get all Darryled up and let him work though...:hmm:

Haha... Terry is "top shelf" in my books, we had alot of fun when he was in Vic., night wheelin' up "Dub-P" in a whirlwind s***acane every weekend when he was rockin' 31"AT's on the original "greas-san". He is one Bad-ass fabricator too! It'll be alot of fun with everyody together again, i'll let you know when i'm back for a while.:beer::hillbilly:

Can't make it to the pub tonight, made some room under the hood for a trans/x-fer case mount! Should hopefully have the new rear springs in over the weekend. 4skinner's new home for a few months.
4Skinner3.jpg

thats an impressive workshop...

not only is there heavy s*** hanging from the ceiling, I don't see a single beer can ...wtf?

LOL, yup don't let that rigging fool you, i'm practicing my knot skills for the day that hull-less sailboat of yours hits the water!!!

Got this x-member tacked today, had to go up and over to clear the driveshaft, shackles were in the way, t-case linkage needed room, exhaust etc... Got captive nuts so it'll drop straight out and bolt horizontally from the top as well, leaving room to pull the complete trans out with the motor if needed without interference.
4Skinnerx-member.jpg

Got this x-member tacked today, .

I say, don't you mean stringer old boy?:flipoff2::flipoff2:
you should make it over the hump for a visit tomorrow, rumor has it the easter bunny is bringing by some "chocolate porter":grinpimp:

Mmmm....porter....

once came close to being involved in an international incident because of something called "total disorder porter".

I recall my compatriots speaking loudly in jean cretien voices and being generally disagreeable, and the waitress sabotaging a beer mug.

I ,of course, was the very soul of political correctness.:hillbilly:

Gotsta work on sat unfortunately....young mr.steven has been doing his usual huckleberry finn routine, and I half thought I'd head down for his swap fest, but it's entirely possible I'll develop an upper body injury while bemoaning the canucks latest epic bedshitting and chokefest sunday night and not make it.:lol:

you around sunday too? must be heading back to the snow and crack soon...

:beer:
LOL, yup don't let that rigging fool you, i'm practicing my knot skills for the day that hull-less sailboat of yours hits the water!!!

Got this x-member tacked today, had to go up and over to clear the driveshaft, shackles were in the way, t-case linkage needed room, exhaust etc... Got captive nuts so it'll drop straight out and bolt horizontally from the top as well, leaving room to pull the complete trans out with the motor if needed without interference.

Intersting design for the cross member, how will the tranny be dropped if you need to pull it?

Rob:beer:

Here's why you can't use a stock cruiser x-member and the stock Runner/minitruck is about a foot and a half back. Shackles in the way, t-case linkage and driveshaft leave little room between the rails. Next pic shows how it drops out, bolts vertically and horizontally across.
4Skinnerx-member1.jpg
4Skinnerx-member2.jpg

View from the back, still need to burn in the rest of it. Steve and Cam stopped by to drink some beer, harrass the locals and help cut out the old spring mounts. Hopefully i can get the new ones frenched in before its back to work time.
4Skinnerx-member3.jpg
newrearsprings.jpg

Looks good man. Still cant believe there's no empties in the shots...:flipoff2:

I can't wait to get my shop back. Bridge timbers , shovel and cement mixer is all I get to mess with these days...

( I think that hockey game took a year off my life last night...)

Looks good man. Still cant believe there's no empties in the shots...:flipoff2:

I can't wait to get my shop back. Bridge timbers , shovel and cement mixer is all I get to mess with these days...

( I think that hockey game took a year off my life last night...)

Gotta go easy on the beers, its a bit of a drive home. Are you finally getting some time to build off the back of the shop, and extending the concrete pad too??

yep, that's what I'm up to. got the pad mostly done last year, just need to pour one more section and a bit of a wall, maybe a couple footings, then I can start throwin some wood around.

Got a bunch of 8x8's for framework so I can sling my boats and stuff up in there.

The fxxxin weather is the biggest problem, keeps pissing rain on the days I want to work on it.

Have to get my poor little boat out of the rain before it completely reverts to nature..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom