4Runner wiper arm upgrade for 60 series RHD (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone done the 4 runner (LH) wiper arm upgrade to a RHD HJ61?

I have not but I don’t see why it wouldn’t work.
I was looking at a site that puts all the pieces together and sells as a package (LH wiper arms, blades, arm caps, and nuts) and it had said fitment for LHD vehicles only. I figured I would ask on here first just in case for some reason it wouldn't work.

I was looking at a site that puts all the pieces together and sells as a package (LH wiper arms, blades, arm caps, and nuts) and it had said fitment for LHD vehicles only. I figured I would ask on here first just in case for some reason it wouldn't work.

I don’t know. Do LHD and RHD wipers move in the opposite direction? Perhaps they won’t work if that’s the case. They would probably bolt on ok but perhaps their angle is wrong for going in the opposite direction.

I don’t know. Do LHD and RHD wipers move in the opposite direction? Perhaps they won’t work if that’s the case. They would probably bolt on ok but perhaps their angle is wrong for going in the opposite direction.
Yes I think they would bolt on just fine, but like you said, the angle of the arm/blade is what will be the problem.

Wow, I can’t believe I haven’t done this upgrade to my rig. Just ordered.
I know, my visibility is terrible in the rain and snow. I was hoping this would work for my rig.

I know, my visibility is terrible in the rain and snow. I was hoping this would work for my rig.
I know it’s old school bandaid….but rain x and rain x washer fluid help quite a bit.

I know it’s old school bandaid….but rain x and rain x washer fluid help quite a bit.
Yes you are right. I do use the rain x, just haven't freshened it up lately.. I haven't tried the washer fluid.

Can you get some 4runner wiper arms from a JDM truck?

Can you get some 4runner wiper arms from a JDM truck?
That seems like the best option. Now to find part numbers... I don't mind ordering from Impex in Japan.

RHD has been going on for years. Just order from a RHD Japanese Surf. Done deal. And yes, if your truck is RHD you need RHD specific arms and blades.
Thank you Sir..

I ordered up these..

Arms 85221-35070
Wipers 85222-48111

They arrived yet?
No still sitting in Japan. Waiting for one more part to arrive in warehouse and then I'll get them shipped out.

Do you know offhand the years that the 4runner wipers were suitable for the LC 60?

Unfortunately I don't know which years the surf/4 runner wiper arms were compatible with the 60. The above link is for LHD 60 series. I have a RHD JDM HJ61 so needed the RHD Surf arms/wipers.

Do you know offhand the years that the 4runner wipers were suitable for the LC 60?
Some info here might help you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom