4runner wheel and tire size question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking at '08 GX tomorrow and trying to plan for wheel/tire/lift setup. Probably going with OME medium lift (had this on my '97 80 series 140k miles and no problem). If I switch to 4runner wheels will that help with possible rubbing issues? They have 15mm offset if that matters. Looking at Nitto Grapplers in maybe 275/70/17 - hopefully fits in spare location. I have read thru most members builds, looked at post of wheel lift picture thread - going for something similar to GXLee, ScatAdams, Orion, KyleFogels setup.
Thanks, Nelson
Pics of wheels:

4r wheels.jpg

I have Those same wheels and just got 285/70/17 mounted up. I did a body mount chop at the same time and also moved the front of the fender liner forward about an inch. I have zero rubbing now.

jw- thanks, looks good. What size tires did you have before? What part of the body did you have to remove? What are you doing for your spare?
Nelson

jw- thanks, looks good. What size tires did you have before? What part of the body did you have to remove? What are you doing for your spare?
Nelson
I had stock size KO2s before (265/65/17). I had to trim the body mount (aka body mount chop) its where the body of the truck mounts to the frame behind the front tires on both sides. As for the spare, I need to buy a 5th wheel and tire, have not gotten around to it yet but the plan will hopefully be to either get a bumper (expensive option) or build a rear swing out tire carrier (cheaper DIY option). I know people have been able to fit a 285/70/17 in the stock spare location but it takes some serious effort. By the way, if you are on facebook, check out GXOR (GX Offroad) there are a lot more pictures on there and a lot of active users with more advice.

jw - thanks, on gxor also. I don't have a facebook account, so just a lot of reading.
NLS

Gxor is public so you can read and search without Facebook

Dan, thanks. I have read all of it. Each time i go back i find something new.

I have the same wheels on my GX and trailer. I have Dick Cepek Fun Country 265/70/17 which are a little large for the size, they equal a 275/70/17 and no problems with a 2.5-3" lift and fits in the spare area too, no tube hitch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom