4Crawler 1" body lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for the great writeup. Based on your experience I placed my order today. I have a '93 so I bought the "AL" upgrade for the puck that goes above the cats. I also got the "CLR" option (black) and added the radiator drop brackets. My only real fear is getting to the puck above the cats. :nailbiting:

Thanks for the great writeup. Based on your experience I placed my order today. I have a '93 so I bought the "AL" upgrade for the puck that goes above the cats. I also got the "CLR" option (black) and added the radiator drop brackets. My only real fear is getting to the puck above the cats. :nailbiting:
May I ask how much for the kit & what did you get? Hitti66 sells aluminum pucks if you melt your exhaust puck.

Last edited:
I paid $126 all in for the kit. It comes with 9 UMHV (or whatever polymer) pucks, plus one aluminum puck to go near the catalytic converters, and it includes all the standard hardware. That price included the "CLR" option to get the pucks in black so they'd blend in better. I added an extra $20 for the radiator drop brackets so all in I'm just under $150.

I have an annoying slider squeak because my sliders rub on the pinch weld. This will more than solve that problem, plus give me a 4-4.5" overall lift with my suspension setup.

A body lift is not necessary to be able to run your exhaust over the frame on the OBDII ( 95,96,97) trucks. Have had a local shop do it to several of the later model rigs. May want to pre-install the crossover heat shield from an early rig as it does make the floor warmer.

I paid $126 all in for the kit. It comes with 9 UMHV (or whatever polymer) pucks, plus one aluminum puck to go near the catalytic converters, and it includes all the standard hardware. That price included the "CLR" option to get the pucks in black so they'd blend in better. I added an extra $20 for the radiator drop brackets so all in I'm just under $150.

I have an annoying slider squeak because my sliders rub on the pinch weld. This will more than solve that problem, plus give me a 4-4.5" overall lift with my suspension setup.
Did you replace the body mount bushings also?

May I ask how much for the kit & what did you get? Hitti66 sells aluminum pucks if you melt your exhaust puck.

I've body lifted two rigs, did not replace the body mount bushings on either. Probably not a bad idea, but I've spent enough money on my 80 for now...

All those photos from the original 2006 posting are gone - links to photos are always useless in the long run.

Here is the 1 inch 4Crawler body lift kit (large puck), standard hardware, plus the "bed spacer" option, plus 2 of my own home-made 1 inch thick square white UHMW bed spacers.
What you get is 10 UHMW pucks, for the 5 full body bushing positions from front to back. Plus bolts and washers.

>>> The "bed spacer" option got me 2 pieces of 1" square steel tubing with tabs and a couple of self threading bolts. Very disappointed on that. That option should have gotten me 2 more identical round UHMW pucks, 1 inch thick and 2 5/8" dia, for a total of 12. There is no good reason for it to be anything other than that.
The extended bolt needed for that (#5) is M8x1.25x40mm JIS (small head) flange head - (10mm socket drive) works perfectly. The OEM bolt seems to thread into a thread insert on the body. I cannot get the OEM version out to inspect with everything in place. Will have to wait until the install is underway to assess.

The "bed spacer" is really a 6th bushing, located on the rear frame crossmember just behind the rear axle. There is a body bushing there, although it's a less robust bushing than the other 5. Still, I am not willing to give it up or minimize it.

4Crawler_1inchBodyLiftKit_plus_BedSpacer_StdHdwr.JPG

Last edited:
Body bushing #1, front end near radiator
FZJ80_LX450_Frame-Body_Bushing_number1.JPG

Body bushing #2, just behind front wheel.
FYI - #2,3,4 have a tube sleeve core through the center of both the upper and lower rubber bushings (separate, not bonded) and through a hole in the frame bracket, and are meant to tighten down the bolts until the sleeve is compressed between the big washers top and bottom.
FZJ80_LX450_Frame-Body_Bushing_number2.JPG

Body bushing #3, in front of rear lower control arm frame mount.
FZJ80_LX450_Frame-Body_Bushing_number3.JPG

Body bushing #4, behind rear lower control arm frame mount.
FZJ80_LX450_Frame-Body_Bushing_number4.JPG

Body bushing #6, back end behind rear wheel.
FZJ80_LX450_Frame-Body_Bushing_number6.JPG

Last edited:
Body bushing #5 (bed spacer) the "extra" one, on rear frame crossmember just behind rear axle.

FZJ80_LX450_Frame-Body_Bushing_number5.JPG

The OEM bolt seems to thread into a thread insert on the body.
I cannot get the OEM version out to inspect with everything in place.
Will have to wait until the install is underway to assess.

Last edited:
80-Series body/frame mount bushings, part numbers, from front to back (Febest calls them "FRAME CUSHION"):
New Info Update (Dec 2021) FEBEST BODY MOUNT INFO:

(#1-nose - 2-bolt flanged type)
2 x 52201 60021 (Febest TSB080)(is a good match to my LX450 OEM)

(#2-footwell)
2 x 52203 60042 (Febest TSB081)(is a good match to my LX450 OEM upper #2)
(Febest TSB081 NLA from www.febestparts.com as of Dec 2021 but is available from Australian ebay sellers)

2 x 52204 60042 (Febest TSB082)(is a good match to my LX450 OEM lower #2)
The #2 lower mount OEM pn are different left/right, but the bushing itself is identical left/right - right side has is near the downpipe and has a heat shield added - a large round washer/sheet metal thing - really a separate thing.

(#3-mid-ship) and (#4-ahead of rear wheel)
4 x 52205 60010 (Febest TSB083)(is a good match to my LX450 OEM upper #3&4)
4 x 52206 60010 (Febest TSB084)(is a good match to my LX450 OEM lower #3&4)

(#5-Cargo bed support - M8x1.25x18mm (12mm head hex bolt) retainer)
2 x 52209 60050 (Febest TSB085)(is a good match to my LX450 OEM #5)

(#6-tail - 2-bolt flanged type)
1 x 52241 60030 (R) (discontinued part) (Febest TSB086)(TSB086 and 087 are identical for both sides - no left/right)
1 x 52242 60020 (L) (discontinued part) (Febest TSB087)(otherwise - is a good match to my LX450 OEM)

$280 total for the set (free ship) from Automotive Aftermarket Parts Supplier | Febest Europe Distribution, as of October 2019.

as you see for the last 2 parts the OEM are not available anymore unfortunately....

Comments: From their design, #2,3,4 body mounts are clearly meant to carry a lot of the body weight, but flex only a small amount.
#2, in particular, seems meant to be pretty tight, carry a lot of the cornering force.

80_Series_body_frame_isolators_1.jpg

80_Series_body_frame_isolatators_2.jpg

Febest_Frame_Cushion_Order_20191028.JPG

Last edited:
No I did not, my 80 was in great shape when I got it so they didnt need to be replaced.

I didn't swap bushings either, so far (about 2k miles post body-lift) no issues here @ 212K miles. The radiator brackets didn't work super well for me--I got them in but have it on my list to replace with something better at a later date, but they are doing the job for now. The pucks, bolts, etc from Roger were all good quality.

@lasoundguy Thank you for the update. Why didn’t the radiator brackets not work well? Any recommendations to replace them with? I’m still waiting for the kit to arrive and have time to change things.

I couldn't get all the holes to line up on the bracket and as I recall the shape of the bracket made redrilling it kind of difficult. It's holding in fine but if I had had some angle iron or aluminum on hand I probably would have taken the extra hour to make my own bracket rather than use the one that came with the kit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom