45LV door hinge seels are now available (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Treeroot and I have been working on these and we are now ready to offer them
They are made of 80d urethane in black. In a set of 16 for $100. were only making a few sets, if you might want a set in the future order a set now there might not be any left
we tested them on some hinges and found what we feel is the best way to mount them. the factory cut one side so you can apply glue and wrap them around the hinge. we wanted a little tighter fit. we recomend you slide them on the hinge better fit no gap, but it dose require removing the door.
So were taking orders now and will be ready to ship in to weeks. you can paypal to arthog@wildblue.net

As of 6-9-07 I have 10 sets left. I need to sell them before I move on to another project. So if you want them order soon. I wont be making any more after these are gone. Thanks to all who did order. Pleas post smoe pics of your install.

Terry

Last edited:
i am intrested too but what part of the hinge? trying to picture it sorry if someone could help me wit apicture or help me visualise thanks

treeroot is working on a pic for you. I returned all the hiniges I had. ruffly it seals
around the hinge where the hinge goes through the door and where the hinge goes into the body. there are 2, by our count, per hinge 4 per door.

Terry

The seals were stock on all 45 wagons. Without them, water can get into the doors, A-pillar, and B-pillars. Here is a pic of buckroseau's LV. If you look at the hinges, there is a gap around each one. These will seal those holes from the elements. The rear doors are set up the same way.
MVC-010ttS.JPG

i am in for a set. paypal on the way. very cool!!
Jason

Can I put my name down for a set? I'll be mobile without a fixed address for a while so as soon as these are available for shipping I can Paypal with an address that will work.

What about tail light lens gaskets?

If you need some $$ to hold a set let me know and I'll Paypal you straight away.

Last edited:
like this(the old Jimmy Wag)
68059167.jpg

Count me in also, paypal coming. Thanks.

I'll take a set. Do you accept rubber checks?

IS there an address to send said rubber check to? I definitely want a set asap!

i will take aset by theway do i need to dismountthe doors to fits these things :doh: will paypal today

Yep! but it is 40+ years door tech. This would be the best time to replace the stricker plates too

Are you planning to come down in Price?....I just an engine and don't have the funds.:(

You have paypal, please let me know ASAP when these ship.

I will have to cut mine, are they still going to work? There is no way in hell I am taking the doors off.

Thanks, Matt

You have paypal, please let me know ASAP when these ship.

I will have to cut mine, are they still going to work? There is no way in hell I am taking the doors off.

Thanks, Matt

You might get a gap of about 1/8-3/16. treeroot and I found a difference in hinge sizes. it is not a big job to pull the doors and hinges and slide them on, then glue where they sit and slide them in place.

terry

You might get a gap of about 1/8-3/16. treeroot and I found a difference in hinge sizes. it is not a big job to pull the doors and hinges and slide them on, then glue where they sit and slide them in place.

terry

If you have any larger ones, send me all 16 of those. Doors won't be coming off.

Thanks, Matt

Matt, If you are going to split the gaskets (and I understand why), cut them in the center of one of the long sides and put that cut on the inside of the hinge. Before you place the gasket around the hinge, shoot a small bead of Dow Corning 795 black caulking in the gap first and press the gasket into it. I've had great results with this caulking in splicing windshield rubber. If a little gets on the paint, you just wait 'til it's good and dry and scrape it off with a fingernail. I'm going to creat the entire gasket with this caulking after I finally paint sometime in the year 2025.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom