45LV body reinforcing plate (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What is the purpose of the reinforcing bracket/plate that is welded to the underside of the mid floor? It extends between the frame rails. I have attached a picture (thanks @crustycruise) and circled the area in red the area I am referring to There are also 2 reinforced holes (circled in yellow) that have eyelets on the inside of the vehicle. What is the purpose of the eyelets?

LV underside pic 3.jpg

Pete,
Where you at with your build?

Pete,
Where you at with your build?

Ken, I'm not sure if I'm "building" yet. It feels more like life support. My LV jigsaw puzzle includes endless hours media blasting and time in the garage cutting, shaping, replacing, welding and grinding metal on the body. The motto is "forward progress" but everything moves along at snail's pace. I spend a lot of time saying "How am I going to make that o_O ??". After a couple of fabrication failures, 4 letter superlatives, and a few flying projectiles in the garage I discover a path forward. Passenger rocker has been the focus...of which I had to replace pretty much everything.

Posted a few pics for your amusement.

075.JPG
IMG_1169.JPG
RH Inner Rocker 1.JPG

Last edited:
@whitey45- thanks for your response. I'm still scratching my head on how the eyelets serve as anchors for seat belts. There are only 2 eyelets and they are offset on the driver's side. Does anyone have a picture of the seat belts attached?

Loving the patches and the journey. What it’s all about putting these old things back on the road and getting some “entertainment” along the way.

Seems like those eyelets are a bit aft for front seat belts. :meh:

Ken, I'm not sure if I'm "building" yet. It feels more like life support. My LV jigsaw puzzle includes endless hours media blasting and time the garage cutting, shaping, replacing, welding and grinding metal on the body. The motto is "forward progress" but everything moves along at snail's pace. I spend a lot of time saying "How am I going to make that o_O ??". After a couple of fabrication failures, 4 letter superlatives, and a few flying projectiles in the garage I discover a path forward. Passenger rocker has been the focus...of which I had to replace pretty much everything.

Posted a few pics for your amusement.

Looks good Pete! Keep going. I know how you feel. Believe me, I think about selling my LV all the time. Let’s see more pictures of the rockers.

Looks good Pete! Keep going. I know how you feel. Believe me, I think about selling my LV all the time. Let’s see more pictures of the rockers.

Ken, there is no way I will let you sell the LV because you are a 1st class resident at the LV asylum. Just keep driving it and enjoying it. :steer:

Btw- what was the original color of your LV? You asked that question but I could never figure it out.

I will think about starting an official build thread but here's a few more rocker pics.

Outer rocker built in 3 sections, starting from back to front. 1 straight and 2 curved pieces. I also ran into a ton of lead shaping the lower front door opening so I fabricated a small piece that tied into the outer rocker/outer cowl area.

IMG_0886.JPG

IMG_0902.JPG

IMG_0905.JPG

IMG_0965.JPG

VOGI1495.JPG

Last edited:
Here's what I took off. It all seemed to rot from the inside out....so this time around I added several drains along the lower pinch weld.

IMG_0904.JPG

IMG_0903.JPG

Ken, there is no way I will let you sell the LV because you are a 1st class resident at the LV asylum. Just keep driving it and enjoying it. :steer:

Btw- what was the original color of your LV? You asked that question but I could never figure it out.

I will think about starting an official build thread but here's a few more rocker pics.

Outer rocker built in 3 sections, starting from back to front. 1 straight and 2 curved pieces. I also ran into a ton of lead shaping the lower front door opening so I fabricated a small piece that tied into the outer rocker/outer cowl area.

Well, I appreciate those kind words. My kids don’t want me to sell it either but the :princess: thinks differently. Actually, after bringing it to the 45run, I think she’s warmed up to it a little bit.
As far as the original color of my LV, it was Spring Green and White. There is trace of it under the hood.

The outer 2 seat belt anchors were on the floor ( flat bottom part) just inside back the doors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom