40 series general tech and classifieds (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Will a K&N kit for a Weber 36/36 work with an OEM Aisin Carb?

Before you respond out of reason and/or emotion: my 1977 was built in 2000 or so. It has a Weber 38/38 with a K&N filter kit. If I had the money and skill set, I’d go straight to a Sniper…but I do not have either. (Can I get a witness?)

What I do have is a new OEM Aisin carb…but not the original air cleaner assembly.
I’ll look into adding one…and I’ll look into the feasibility of selling the Weber and the Aisin and adding the Sniper…

…but still want to ask if the K&N kit from the Weber will work with the OEM? This seems the quickest and least expensive route to driving around this summer.

Last edited:
Will a K&N kit for a Weber 36/36 work with an OEM Aisin Carb?

Before you respond out of reason and/or emotion: my 1977 was built in 2000 or so. It has a Weber 36/36 with a K&N filter kit. If I had the money and skill set, I’d go straight to a Sniper…but I do not have either. (Can I get a witness?)

What I do have is a new OEM Aisin carb…but not the original air cleaner assembly.
I’ll look into adding one…and I’ll look into the feasibility of selling the Weber and the Aisin and adding the Sniper…

…but still want to ask if the K&N kit from the Weber will work with the OEM? This seems the quickest and least expensive route to driving around this summer.
No it won’t.

Stop the nonsense.

(January 1972) FJ40. Body is rougher than a night at the Country Music Palace in Vaiden, MS....but mostly complete with a ton of potential. Motor spins freely, have not attempted to get it running. All glass is nice. Bench seat. Title in hand.

Stonewall, MS $3900

best way to reach me is 6 oh 1 720-45 six 5.

IMG_6177.jpeg

IMG_6178.jpeg

IMG_6179.jpeg

IMG_6180.jpeg

We used to own a place outside Vaiden and made our way there a few times in college.

I think the 40 is better than anything I ever saw there.

We used to own a place outside Vaiden and made our way there a few times in college.

I think the 40 is better than anything I ever saw there.

Yea, guess I got a little carried away in my description. But I hoped that there were some amongst us that understood... :)

Has anyone seen this one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom