40 series general tech and classifieds (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

No clear. Just Rust Converter.

They have lasted 50 years. Probably 20-25 in bad shape. Keeping them clean and dry slows the process greatly.

The world has plenty of shiny cars.

Yeah that would look good on Goat. If you have time to pull it off I’d love it.

I will work on it this weekend if it isn't raining.

Did you decide to punt that project?

Yeah sorta. To many other things to fool with right now, and it needs A LOT of attention. It dont eat and aint hurtin' anything so I figure it can just chill for now. And if in the mean-time some of the parts can live on in other rigs, well then so be it.

The way I operate, if I'm going to enjoy one, it needs to start life moving under its own power. I can always take it apart later...

What’s the rest of it look like?

0828161754_HDR-1.jpg

This is what it looked like when I brought it home. I don't have a current picture, but it is still completely disassembled and stored.

Agreed, it is a solid truck. Frame is just surface rust, floors are solid. Rust along rockers and a few other usual places. It can be put back together, just not enough hours right now or $$. Lots of broken off bolts, he cut out the rear sill and left it and the wiring harness is destroyed, cut it all up instead of unhooking it. All the glass is good in the top and doors, but the windshield is cracked.

He started with a 100% complete truck that only needed a motor and, if I recall correctly, he said he got laid-off, got bored and decided to occupy his time taking it apart. It sat stored until he had to move and couldn't take it with.

That front trailer tire/wheel/hub looks to be in excellent shape!

Best thing on the trailer that day for sure. Hell it has been blessed by most of the CLC BOD, it should be good to go! #alphaspecialtiesFTW.

Got almost as much in that one tire/hub/wheel as I have in the pile that it is carrying...

D@mnit, now I want to piddle with this pile again. Anybody got any used SUA lift leaf springs laying around?

Would like to fit some 33's, but honestly just to get the axles back under it, I dont guess it really matters. I gotta get some new front leafs regardless cause the old ones have been hammered into knives by a smithing buddy.

Remember this one?

B511BD58-FCFD-420D-9F9C-B67F4FC2B7E8.jpeg

Kirk Anderson has been plugging away on this one since I visited him in September.

All new disc brakes and axle rebuilds. Some 700-15’s and OEM wheels from Tolleson.

I just saw his seats at Dosha. Check these beauties out.

2971AAA6-B283-4F40-83CC-E9C58CAC2780.jpeg

If you can't find one local, and if I can get the SOB off, the one on the pile is pretty straight and I think it goes with the theme.

View attachment 1627463

Planning to go to mardikrawl in April. Could arrange a MUDship if you haven't found one by then.

You able to get that bitch off?

You able to get that bitch off?

Been hitting it with some PB in between the rain drops up here. Going to hit it this weekend. I will let you know how it goes.

D@mnit, now I want to piddle with this pile again. Anybody got any used SUA lift leaf springs laying around?

..what do you need?,....I may have a few spare parts laying around that doubt i will use again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom