40 series find (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Found this 40 series next to a garage last week and the owner would like to sell. I think it’s a 75, but it’s a salvage title because a tree fell on the back and destroyed the hard top and the whole rear part of the body. He made a make shift truck bed for it. I’m not a 40 guy so I don’t even know where to start with price. It runs and drives, was inspected last year. Let me know what you guys think. Not sure about miles or options.

9265BB6E-ACEB-4157-9C28-701DC8D58ABB.jpeg

E38DAACD-C355-4111-99B6-92EF0E0A9786.jpeg

3F6C39AC-1532-431D-A6DD-64401E82F039.jpeg

Bezel is upside down....it's worthless. :flipoff2: That'd be a good base for a wheeling rig. I wouldn't want to put the effort in to get it road worthy again.

Interesting fender lights, never seen any like that before. Is it the stock drive train? Can you snap pics under the hood? Those wheels are the worst. I'd be a buyer in the $2500-$3500 range if completely stock drive train.

Huntington valley

Engine is stock and runs pretty good. He said it goes down the road fine and he drove it a bunch last year. Parked in March to clean the carb.

It depends on what your plans are, and what he wants for it. He may be one of those buffoons who saw one sell for $100K on Bring A Trailer, and think it's worth $20K. Or he may just want it out of his life for $500.

Do you want to build something to wheel, or do you want to bring this back to a more stockish looking truck?

It needs a tub. That's not cheap, no matter how you slice it. The salvage title is also a negative. However, what can be seen in the pics, it looks pretty solid, and not rusted out like a typical Northeast 40.

If you want a nice 40, save your moolah, and keep hunting. This one will empty your wallet quickly. If you have the skills to do everything yourself, it will only empty half of your wallet.

I say go for it, but I don't always make sound decisions!

If you decide to pass on it, I'd be interested in it as a parts truck. I have a '74 with a V8 that I'd prefer to swap back to a stock 2F.

Keep us posted!

On a separate note...did you change you mud name? I seem to recall an HDJ81 owner in Hatboro, but with a different user name. I think I sold him/you some 80 sliding windows...

Yup thats me, my old user name was my full first and last name so I paid the few bucks to the admins to get it changed.

Plans for it.....Well, returning it to a stockish truck would deem a ton of work and expensive. I have the ability, tools and know how to convert it back to a factory rig but seeing it has a salvage title and its half wrecked I was thinking about something along the lines of a fj45 style bed single cab truck. Or just running it as is and not worrying about it ever being a perfect jf40.

I think he knows that it isn't worth 20k but I also worry he knows its worth something to somebody. if I can drive it and it checks the boxes 2500 is all I'd be willing to commit to, and if he turns it down I'll post it on here.

If you could get it for $2500, grab it.

I was thinking about something along the lines of a fj45 style bed single cab truck

That would be awesome!

Well, did you buy it yet???

I’ve been on vacation, we are going to get together in the next week or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom