4/86 fj60 build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Like @4Cruisers said, you’ve got extra hose you don’t need.

here’s your photo with my numbers:

1 - remove this cap. This port needs to be connected to vacuum. The distributor cap has 2 ports. One supplies clean air. The second (you have capped) evacuates air. It needs air flow through. Your supply hose appears connected properly - It goes to a port on the firewall. Your other hose is missing.

2 - pull the hose off the outer and cap it. This is the high altitude advance port. If you ever travel to elevation - you can switch the single advance hose you have on the inner port to the outer - assuming the advancer still holds vacuum

91076390-660F-4ED4-8F1E-BAC07312A90F.jpeg

Looking at your other photos:

your advance is drawing from the ported vacuum on the Holley carb. I believe this is correct for the 2f distributor. There should be another port at the base of the carb near the front. Make sure it’s capped.

The EGR is disconnected. That’s for the best. It’s just been left in place to avoid dealing with plugging the manifold.

Your carb leak is the accelerator pump. You can usually get this without needing a full kit. Carb does need to come off to switch it though.

20210302_144738.jpg

Put the manual choke kit on today, Still need to fine tune the adjustment. The choke knob in the cab won't push in all the way, A bit spongy. And when fully pulled out, the high idle isn't engaging. Im sure it just needs some fiddling.

Changed the gear oil in the t case as well, Should have enough left to do the transmission. Slow but steady, hoping to take her on some trips this summer. Still dont have a name.

Had a rain day this week so i put a new damper in, the old one was s***. And now it "looks cooler" lol. New nippon denso plug wires, Also this fancy new single diaphragm vac advance from @4Cruisers, thanks a ton! Continues is the work on body rust. Want to take care of the area where the fuel tank goes so i can get that back on the truck. Being that there are a ton of products out there to convert rust. I haven't made much headway on the rust issue.

20210331_111117.jpg

20210331_112318.jpg

20210331_113515.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom