3rd Row Rattle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Strange happenings with the 3rd Row recently. Passenger side seat will start to rattle when it is in the up position - I mean really clunk around going over bumps. I'll go back, unlatch it, resecure it and it's good to go. I'll drive about 50 miles, get going over some big bumps and it comes back. Rinse and repeat.

As worthless as the dealer has been about alignment and wiper blades, I wanted to see if anyone had this issue before and if there was a fix. The fix isn't just to take the 3rd row out. I use them on occasion and on principle they shouldn't be doing this.

Thanks all!

I've tried to track this down too, reading some previous threads, and in my case I've boiled it down to the 3rd row passenger headrest as the culprit and not the latching mechanism. Not sure how to address though, I've found I can recline the 2nd row so the seat pushes against the 3rd row headrest and that seems to help. Otherwise 3rd row seats down and headrest in the normal (un-collapsed) position also seems to help.

Sounds about right. The wife crawled back there and said it was the headrest rattling. I'll see if I can secure it better somehow.

It seems like rattling headrests are an issue all the way around. The front passenger seat did the same thing for a while until I put the headrest down when not occupied.

Thanks @Mogwai

Let us know what you come up with, got to be a way to make them less "floppy".

Any chance the 3rd row middle headrest in the zipper compartment could be adding to the rattle?

My front passenger headrest drives me nuts. When I get a chance I'm going to try some 3M clear door edge guard (same stuff as the Paint protection film... just cut to a thin strip). I'm hoping that running a piece of that down the headrest rail will provide enough resistance to stop the movement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom