3FE Owners Check-In (14 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hey 3FE fam. Yall ever have an issue of a no start that seems like flooding? Been running just fine. Parked on the side of the road on an incline... Left /right, pass side down. Fairly sharp incline. Went to start, turned over several minutes straight, smelled gas but no start. Finally but slowly was catching and then start. Exactly what happened when I swamped it but nothing of the sort this time. Just parked on the side of a road. Just curious. Thanks!

I
Just added a California rust free one owner 122k mile fj80. It needs a bit but can’t wait to get started!!!

9C456E0A-C260-444B-813B-6ED0DD34A264.jpeg
15E23E28-AF3F-4D58-8690-5DAACB760799.jpeg
68032398-6414-4F1D-8B63-EA045F5FD2EB.jpeg
F07C64A6-0702-4984-B0CE-B3C94AEB0D05.jpeg

Nice looking rig!

Hey 3FE fam. Yall ever have an issue of a no start that seems like flooding? Been running just fine. Parked on the side of the road on an incline... Left /right, pass side down. Fairly sharp incline. Went to start, turned over several minutes straight, smelled gas but no start. Finally but slowly was catching and then start. Exactly what happened when I swamped it but nothing of the sort this time. Just parked on the side of a road. Just curious. Thanks!
Cold start injector?

Wow, looks cherry, congrats @RKTINC!

Is that yours Twilly? Nice image. How you pushing those beefy tires in a 3FE? Got 4.88s or something?

I ran 315 MTRs on mine for a while with stock gearing and it was doing ok. Now I have 4.88 and the rig actually have decent pickup and can maintain 65 on hills. I bet most 3fe is lacking power due to poor maintenance

Wow, looks cherry, congrats @RKTINC!

Is that yours Twilly? Nice image. How you pushing those beefy tires in a 3FE? Got 4.88s or something?

Yep and thanks. They're 33s. A well kept 3FE pushes them just fine for dirt touring and on the highway, unless climbing a long steep ascent. I'll regear at the tcase when I step up to 35 skinnies after these.

Ya, i’d Really like to step up to 33s at the next tire purchase. I just can’t do it though, already so sluggish on hills, need to stay in 3rd to maintain speed on any grade. I did the math and even with 31s the ratio is pretty out of stock from the 29” diameter.

My cruiser is commissioned under family hauling duty these days and I’m building it up slowly for overland. When clearance becomes a must 33s will have to go on, regeared or not.

As for this weekend:
More light body work in prep for paint. The flare holes and flare outlines had to be sanded down, and one dent on the roof filled with bonds

84D264BA-A6A9-4236-A7EE-ABBD06784E40.jpeg

Hey there. I have a quick question for my 91 cruiser. One of my OME shocks is leaking, and I'm going to either get another OME, or Bilstein 5100. I am wondering if 5100 Bilsteins are evene an option anymore. I see that Tirerack has that backordered, and autoanything.com is pushing me toward a more expensive FOX setup. I'm trying to see what people have purchased recently, and from what vendor. I spoke to SLEE offroad aobut the OMEs, but I wanted to get an idea of where to get these.

I thought OME was bilstein? At least it used to be. Had them on a Tacoma—loved them. Great in Baja washboard, and overlanding. Also ran them in my fj40, performed great. Both rigs bought and installed OME lifts that came with Bilsteins.

Can’t go wrong with bilstein for value and performance, has long been used and abused by Toyota enthusiasts. No experience personally with the others though...my 80 is still stock

Put Tough Dog shocks from Trail Tailor when I first got my 91 back in November. No lift, but the shock allows for a mild lift if I decide to. Vendor is here on Mud and his customer service is excellent. After a season of bouncing around the beaches and trails to the sand I am very happy with them. On the original springs too. Would buy them for my other rigs if they were available. My 2cents

Oh hey your just up the road! Good to know. I’ll take you up on that when it’s time for suspension upgrades. Getting there...but one project at a time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom