3FE Owners Check-In (10 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I just spent about five hours driving the new-to-me 91 FJ80 home today. (My wife bought it for me as a graduation present. She's good to me.)
163k on it, looks like I'm third owner, and i'm going to release it to the wild after 20 yrs of mall cruisin'. I'm in Lewiston, CA and will use it to explore the far reaches of the Shasta-Trinity National Forest.
She's bone stock with the poverty package; no sunroof, manual seats, door locks, and window cranks :)

Love the shasta-trinity!

I recently got a 92 FJ80 with 263k miles. It has some minor issues but runs and drives!

I'm looking at replacing the thermostat and gaskets, and was wondering what temperature everyone uses. I think 190 is stock, but would a 180 run better?

Hey man, I'm running a 185 thermo works good.

I recently got a 92 FJ80 with 263k miles. It has some minor issues but runs and drives!

I'm looking at replacing the thermostat and gaskets, and was wondering what temperature everyone uses. I think 190 is stock, but would a 180 run better?

Just picked up at 94 Land Cruiser from the original owner with no compression on cylinder 4. Replaced head gasket (among a lot of other things while I was in there) and now its running and driving excellent. Workings out a few more kinks but love the truck.

Just picked up at 94 Land Cruiser from the original owner with no compression on cylinder 4. Replaced head gasket (among a lot of other things while I was in there) and now its running and driving excellent. Workings out a few more kinks but love the truck.

Congrats....but '94 is not a 3fe...wrong thread brother.

OK all you 91-92' owners... I NEED SLIDERS!
Who make a kit as it looks as though no one (please correct me) as to who makes proper sliders.
Is there a "slider thread" specifically for us?

Who make a kit as it looks as though no one (please correct me) as to who makes proper sliders.
Not a kit, but white knuckle off road makes sliders for the FJ80. I plan on ordering some at some point this winter for my '91.

AOE also makes sliders for 91,92

Checking in w my mileage chart... 1992 LC 80. Lol

image.png

My 1992 fj80 has the original 3fe in it. I always knew the vehicle had low horsepower however in snowy climates I found to appreciate the low gears in the thing. Has 240,000 and is still running strong. I recently did a a tune up and could probably use some valve adjustments.

Just picked up my first LC - a 92 with 71k miles and impeccable service records since new. I have had a couple '60s era Broncos and currently own a CJ7 as my weekend toy, but decided I wanted FJ80 for a daily driver. Truck is picking it up this week so I hope it will arrive in GA next week. Cant wait!
1140604-d1e1d8c7107ea3c9c4b029f9e3de6792.jpg

unnamed (2).jpg

Just picked up my first LC - a 92 with 71k miles and impeccable service records since new. I have had a couple '60s era Broncos and currently own a CJ7 as my weekend toy, but decided I wanted FJ80 for a daily driver. Truck is picking it up this week so I hope it will arrive in GA next week. Cant wait!

View attachment 1336100

I love my 92. That one looks freakin fantastic and the mileage! Congrats!

Just replaced the starter contacts and plunger in my 91 80. The old contacts were super thin and installed crooked.

View attachment 1336100
Wow... the mileage... are those 33s? And is that a Land Cruiser shop or something? I see that other LC back there...

Wow... the mileage... are those 33s? And is that a Land Cruiser shop or something? I see that other LC back there...

Yes, they are 33 KO2s - I had them installed as part of the purchase. I bought it from a dealer in PA. He sells a lot on ebay and I have been watching his inventory for about a year now because he always has a cpupel nice fj60 and fj80s in stock

1476848040254-1987010374.jpg
Here's my family's 3FE w/850 and 864 w/315/75/16 on TRD Tundra wheels and a Flowmaster 40 w/stock piping deleted cats.runs good not to loud. Here in Guam where America's day begins. Hafa adai. 671 God bless all and be safe out there. This keeps my family together with good and fun times.

1476847965849-610748914.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom